Babies don't need many toys the first few months of their life. Emma has exclusively used her play mat and her swing which fits in well with my minimalist baby gear approach.
Emma has always been relatively strong for her age. I would say she has always been able to hold her head up better than the rest. At her two month doctors appointment, I asked her pediatrician when she could start to use her bumpo. I scoffed when he said four months. I thought to myself, not my daughter, she is stronger than that. Well, this is the result that we got when I put her in her bumpo at two months old- not pretty.
Tears, tears and more tears. We think it may have hurt her spine.
Fast forward one month. Her grandma had been working on pulling up with Emma and once I saw this, we decided to give the bumpo another go. Here she is looking a little tense at first (love that fist all curled up)!
Ahhh finally settling in. She loves it. She spends about thirty minutes a day in her bumpo right now. She watches us cook dinner, do the dishes and even take a shower occasionally.
She has also shown a strong interest in standing lately, so we decided to pull out the jump-a-roo and see how she handled in. She loved it. Here is her first experience.
Oh look at me- I am standing!
Oh, I think I may be able to nibble on this new toy. I am going in!
I can chew on it! Yummy!
Close up :) Mommy- stop taking pictures of me!
Uh oh- I don't think my hand is supposed to go through the leg hole! Mommy- help me! Please stop taking pictures of me already!
Yes, we really do have conversations like this at our house. It is hard when there is only one person talking!
No comments:
Post a Comment