Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sleep Training Works for Us

This is Emma's superman pose.  After Emma goes down, one of us will typically monitor the video monitor while the other one cooks dinner.  The other day, I was cooking and Wes comes into the kitchen raise his hands above his shoulders like Emma and declares "baby girl is asleep".  This is a regular occurrence at our house now.  We love this pose.  It means that indeed our baby girl has given up and goes to sleep.  We have now been successfully sleep training for four weeks.  Since starting sleep training, Emma has slept in her crib every night.  Not one night has been spent in the swing (for Emma) or on the couch (for us).  We LOVE it and are huge proponents of this method.  It has given us our evenings back and it has given Emma a predictability of her evenings.  Our routine is bath, onesie, sleep sack, swaddle, long feeding session, bedtime.  She will normally fuss for 5 - 10 minutes (sometimes as long as 20 minutes) before going to sleep.  I can handle 10 minutes of crying for successful sleeping every night.  Most importantly- I am very happy to report that Emma slept from 7:15 PM to 6:15 AM last night.  This is the longest period of sleep our little lady has had.  I woke up this morning in pain and slight fear at 6:06 AM realizing that I was feeling pretty well rested.  I looked at the baby monitor and saw our little girl stirring.  Instant relief. 

I love this baby girl and her sleep training.  She is the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment