Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Four Random Things


One. These noodles are my F.A.V.O.R.I.T.E!!! I literally get excited when I get to eat these noodles; 100% my favorite local find - it's just too bad this place is not closer to my house.  This is the same place I took my parents when they were in town, I just happened to go again a few weeks ago and I am still thinking about those noodles.






Two. At the mall the other day, Emma did the cutest art project.  You use different colors of foam sand (I think that is what it's called?) to fill in your design and I loved that it was completely age appropriate, little mess (and it wasn't at our house!), and creative for her (since she got to choose the color design).  It took her about an hour to complete (the last picture shows that Ev's had a little place to play while she did it - she wanted to buy stickers instead of doing an art project) and Emma was so proud of herself when she was done.  She has carried this butterfly all around the house with her the last week or so.





Three. You guys, we are drowning in paper.  I never thought my kids would be 'those kids' that loved to color all.the.time and use all.the.paper. all the time.  But yep, my kids are definitely 'those kids'.  This is just a small sample of the art they worked on while they were on 'holiday' for Golden Week and I had to work.  The last picture might be my favorite - Emma offered to take the picture of Everly and Ev's was so stinking proud, you can just see it in her (half chopped off) face. I am pretty good about going through the artwork once a month and 'decluttering', but sometimes the paper is overwhelming.

Four.  I am actually in the Philippines right now.  I just thought you might want to know :).  I came for a quick work meeting and will be heading back to Chengdu on Thursday.  This is the first time I traveled without the girls and over a year and leaving them and Wes was harder than I thought it would be.  Can't wait to get back and snuggle everyone up!

5 comments:

  1. I love this post. Those noodles look so good, and I don't even like chinese food. That art project Emma did, she did it so perfectly #nonniwouldbeproud. and lastly, Everly smiling in that picture <3<3 Can't wait to see ya'll for christmas. getting so close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see you guys too! So so so close :).

      Delete
  2. Looks like all of Everly's models have long hair - really long hair. I guess they are either you or princesses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She always draws herself, Emma and me and we always have the longest hair - I love it!

      Delete