I got so wrapped up in our Singapore vacation pictures (still a few more posts to come - we did so much fun stuff there!) but I let September come and go without wrapping up August. Here is a little look at some of the things we were up to in August.
^ Wes germinated jalepeno seeds and he planted a few pots - one survived and looked like this at the beginning of the month. ^
^ working on their roller blade skills despite the heat (August was pretty hot here). ^
^ a random weeknight dinner at a burger place. ^
^ I think I mentioned this already, but one night we went to a cool light show exhibit. ^
^ they had pretty fancy ice cream cones. ^
^ the four of us plus the guide that was assigned to us for the evening ;). ^
^ the girls loved watching the performers - these acrobats were their favorite. ^
^ I love when the light streams in through the trees on our bike/scooter rides. ^
^ our date at Iron Pig that I talked about awhile back :). ^
^ checked out the global center water park one Saturday. ^
^ but ended back up at our pool the next day - a much better choice for the girls ;). ^
^ we decided to let the girls try gymnastics class so Wes hopped on tao bao and ordered a leotard for their first class. ^
^ this girl and her puppy! ^
^ I couldn't narrow down which picture to include so I just included all three. ^
^ mommy got in the picture :). ^
^ we took the girls to our favorite indoor playground (and met our friends there). ^
^ this place is really great for kiddos (I think someone asked me why it is not crowded here - I think because it is a little pricey for the entrance fee, but once you are in, everything is included). ^
^ Good Good tacos for dinner is always a good decision (sorry, I couldn't help myself). ^
^ this is the only picture I have from the time we went to the wrong mall for our gymnastics 'trial' class. it was really a disastrous afternoon, but we all survived ;). barely :). ^
^ we prepped for the first day of school - and Wes got Everly's snack bag all ready to go. ^
^ Wes took the girls to meet their teacher the day before school started. ^
^ I believe on this particular day the power was out so we ate dumplings for dinner. ^
^ the girls were excited about their first day of school!! ^
^ Wes and I had a Starbucks date after our immigration appointment. ^
^ we ate tex-mex the Saturday after school started and the girls worked on their crafts while Wes and I ate. ^
^ we fed the neighborhood fish and realized it was so stinking hot we nixed our playground plans... ^
^ and headed to the swimming pool. ^
^ that Sunday started an insanely busy week for me at work so I made some cinnamon rolls for the girls (and me!) for the week. ^
^ Everly decided that blue lips were a good idea; doesn't she look guilty here?!? ^
^ we made paper crowns and the girls had fun decorating them. ^
^ by Friday, I was so ready for the weekend and came home to this sweet scene to kickoff the weekend - Wes was a student and the stuffed animals were his classmates. ^
^ family selfie before we attended a baby shower for our neighbors. ^
^ they were having a boy! and the girls had so much fun with all their friends at the party. ^
^ the next day we made it to the mall super early for our gymnastics class so we let the girls jump for awhile. ^
^ found a balloon. ^
^ and walked through the mall arm in arm. ^
^ on our way to Starbucks for a treat. ^
^ this mall has a ropes course between all the levels - it really is crazy! ^
^ the girls tried (and fell in love with) their gymnastics class and we signed up to go regularly. ^
^ the jalepeno plant at the end of August, still not quite ready but we were excited about the growth! ^
^ Emma got a book at the library about hermit crabs so I sent my mom this picture since hermit crabs were a big part of our Thailand trip (doesn't she look like she grew five inches during August!). ^
^ seeing me snap a picture of Emma, meant Ev's requested a picture as well :). ^
^ silly faces to send to Nonni to tell her that we love her!! ^
and that is a wrap on August.
and that is a wrap on August.















































No comments:
Post a Comment