Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Singapore | Merlion

On Saturday morning, we headed out bright and early to check out the Merlion statue.  The Merlion is the national personification of Singapore.  Its name combines "mer", meaning the sea and "lion".  The fish body represents Singapore's origin as a fishing village when it was called Temasek, which means "sea town" in Javanese. Yes, I had to look that up (in case that wasn't obvious ;)).

^ Emma the photographer. ^
^ on our way to see the merlion, we spotted a uni-phant ;). ^
^ Ev's was extra proud to have her picture taken here. ^

^ Emma is sitting here as I type this and she tells me this is named "ella-corn", I kind of like her name better ;). ^
^ twirly girly ^
^ I think Emma might have taken this picture and I love it! that mischievous look she is giving big sis! ^
^ and this one too! that tongue! ^

^ showing sissy her pictures. ^

^ and then we saw it! and I have to say, I love cheesy stuff like this - it was so fun to see in person! ^
^ the bay was extra sparkly and magical this particular morning. ^


^ I could not stop taking pictures - along with the other thousand tourists who came to see :). ^

^ giving a twirl and posing with her new toy in front of the Merlion. ^
^ let's focus on that cute girl in the sunglasses and not the girl who was claiming she was too hot right behind her ;). ^
^ cooler than me! ^
^ we walked out on the deck to get a different view. ^
^ several major attractions in Singapore - all in one picture.  we were headed to the Singapore Flyer (the giant ferris wheel) after I snapped this picture :). ^

No comments:

Post a Comment