In my opinion, Gardens by the Bay is the one thing that is an absolute must in Singapore. We were completely surprised how much we loved this place. There are two big domes - the flower dome and cloud forest (which houses the world's largest indoor waterfall) and so many other gardens outside (that are completely free!) including an awesome splash pad at the children's garden. When I was going through the pictures, there were too many so I decided to divide it up into a few posts - in the morning we checked out the Silver garden and the Flower Dome.
^ when our cab dropped us off - we were immediately greeted by these infamous tree sculptures and the brightest blue skies. ^
^ Emma was so excited to find breakfast at McDonald's - even though we had just eaten breakfast she begged for a 'hamburger' (really a sausage mcmuffin sandwich - we cannot find these in Chengdu!) and we gave in much to her delight. she ate the whole thing!! ^
^ she looks pretty happy for being eaten by an alligator ;). ^
^ the view from Gardens by the Bay was stunning no matter what direction we looked. ^
^ the girls were really looking forward to riding the Singapore Flyer so they loved getting a look. ^
^ the infamous Marina Bay Sands - it was more outrageous in person than I could have ever imagined. ^
^ I love combining the two in one picture. ^
^ just a picture to show that traveling with kiddos is not always easy. there are tears and mood swings and so many 'i'm too hot's' to go around. it's worth it but it's not always as perfect as pictures make it seem. ^
^ I could not get enough of the views. ^
^ smiles here, but also wasn't the case all morning with this one ;). ^
^ picture by Emma :). ^
^ for some reason Ev's decided this would be her pose for the whole day. ^
^ I love all the texture and different shades of green at the succulent garden. ^
^ Emma enjoyed taking some of the pictures. ^
^ this pose ;). ^
^ I love that the dome was glass, letting all of the sunlight in. ^
^ the girls with the cacti. ^
^ twirling everywhere we go! ^
^ trying to capture just how massive this place is on the inside. you could literally spend all day in here. ^
^ two buddies along for the ride. ^
^ Wes and I both loved these flowers! ^
^ what really took our breath away was the orchid garden - I have never seen them in mass like they were here and so many shades of pink and purple and white. ^
^ my absolute favorite picture of Emma from the day. ^
^ tiny ballerina and that golden morning light streaming in. ^
^ so beautiful. ^
^ it really took our breath away. ^
^ the rose was the size of their face. ^
^ caterpillar! ^
^ there was a butterfly section of the garden - I think this was probably the girls favorite part. ^
^ one of my friends was visiting Chengdu and brought a book for each of the girls - Emma's was a book of butterflies, she loves taking this book with us everywhere and checking off/circling/coloring as she spots different butterflies. ^
^ when I think about all the amazing adventures these two have gone on/will go on together - I am truly awed and it inspires me to provide even more adventures. ^
^ just a girl and her buddies. ^
^ almost positive this is the same flower we love above, just in purple this time. ^














































Those butterflies look unreal! I love those orchids! Beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteKate has the little denim dress Everly is wearing. I'm not sure who we got it from...twins!