Wednesday, August 30, 2017

What's Up Wednesday | August

It has been awhile since I have participated in What's Up Wednesday - so here is a little look at what we have been up to in Chengdu lately :).

One. What we're eating this week... well, this is really over the last week.  We ate at one of our new favorite restaurants in Chengdu called Good Good - chipotle style, the beef tacos are soo soo yummy! we go significantly out of our way to eat at this place.  Also, I made my best batch of cinnamon rolls - they were delish.



Two. What I'm reminiscing about... the first day of school.  It seems like just yesterday we were sending these two cuties off on their first day.  They are having the best time this year (which makes my mama heart so happy - it is one of the things I worried the most about when relocating our family) and come home with great stories every day.





Three. What I'm loving... getting a suitcase from Dallas!!  We had a big visit last week and someone I know was kind enough to bring me a suitcase that my mom and sister were kind enough to have packed for me.  We are so so so thankful to all three of them - you might be wondering what was inside: new clothes for everyone (including Ev's dress below), PAM (the baking spray - impossible to find where we live), Parmesan cheese and more than six pounds of our favorite coffee from Central Market. It was like Christmas morning!!!



Four. What we've been up too... we had a nice little weekend.  On Friday, when I got home I found Wes and the girls playing school (the girls were the teachers, of course, but just look at all of Wes's classmates ;)).  On Saturday, we attended a baby shower (where Emma fell madly in love with a French bulldog named Iggy).  On Sunday, we had lunch at Good Good and visited the Little Gym (more on that later).




Five. What I'm dreading... nothing at all :).

Six. What I'm working on... lots and lots of work ;).

Seven. What I'm excited about... the girls attended a gymnastics class on Sunday and they were so stinking excited about it and had so much fun - we signed them up for regular lessons!! I do feel a little bit of guilt about my children missing out on typical American extracurricular's (think dance, soccer, etc.) so when a friend invited us to try this class we jumped at the chance. Safe to say, they really want to go back.









Eight. What I'm watching/reading... I am almost ashamed to admit that I have gotten back on a Real Housewives kick in the last month or so.  I had nearly forgotten about it, but nothing really interests me on network summertime TV so while needing to mindlessly disconnect one night after a stressful day at work I got back into it.

Nine. What I'm listening too... still podcasts galore. My favorites are Young House Love has a Podcast, Chris Loves Julia, and Call Your Girlfriend.  But I am listening to quite a few others as well...

Ten. What I'm wearing... the new clothes I got for me in the suitcase were pajamas and jeans so nothing too exciting :). I have to say, I am slowly working on building up to only wearing matching pajamas instead of the men's pajama pants and Wes's tshirts that had taken over my life after Emma was born.

Eleven. What I'm up to this weekend... hmmm too early in the week to have decided this? We are thinking about taking the girls to their favorite indoor playground and then to gymnastics class on Sunday.  Also, it might be cool enough to head to our favorite outdoor playground so who knows??

Twelve. What I'm looking forward to next month... September is always a big month for us celebration wise - Wes's birthday and our anniversary!!  We are hoping to have a day date while the girls are in school to properly celebrate 7 years of being married! Right now, we are thinking massages and lunch sound pretty good.

Thirteen. What else is new... Wes and I got to sneak in a quick date after we went to our immigration apt.  I think I mentioned this, but Wes and I had to get new passports (we were in serious danger of running out of pages).  After we got our new passports, we have to transfer our residence permits, etc to our new passports.  Since the girls didn't need to attend this appointment, we went by ourselves and grabbed a quick coffee at Starbucks afterwards - living abroad, we have to sneak in dates whenever we can get them!


That is what's up with us :).  Hope you are having a good week!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome post - it really made my day but didn't have time to comment. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog on What's Up Wednesday link up and totally went down a rabbit hole of China living! How awesome (but scary!!) of an experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so cute at gymnastics!!

    ReplyDelete