When I was putting together the pictures of the little things we were up to in July, I forgot there are a few pictures I didn't share with you in June - so bonus! here are the rest of the little things we were up to June and July.
^ Everly's last pre-K snack bag - she requested Daisy Duck :). ^
^ it was free dress day on their class party day and Wes told them they could wear whatever they want :); I love that our kiddos are authentically themselves. ^
^ I have decided to keep more of their school stuff private, but we all sure did love Emma's two teachers this year- she had such a great JK year! ^
^ Everly's teacher surprised the girls in their class and painted their nails during the party which made their day - we loved her teacher too (same teacher Emma had for a few months of PK right when we moved to China). ^
^ last (half) day of school! also known as the same day that Nonni and Papa George arrived. ^
^ I honestly have no idea when this was - I am thinking it was the Sunday before the last week of school, the pool had finally opened, the girls begged to go... ^
^ and it was much to cold for our sweet girls!! I don't think they even lasted an hour. ^
^ I shared about our indoor playground fun awhile ago. ^
^ weeknight kite flying ^
^ childhood unplugged. ^
^ gave double hula hooping a whirl. ^
^ while I learned how incredibly difficult it is to photograph toddlers hula hooping. ^
^ dinner out where one child ate and one child pouted ;). ^
^ she turned her pout into a smile the next day. ^
^ her cheese face and piggies are my favorite! ^
^ back at the indoor playground. ^
^ the girls had chicken nuggets (we picked them up at the mall while they were playing) and Wes and I had a nice, late lunch at Iron Pig - that beer was delish, just in case you were wondering ;). ^
^ I love seeing Emma's creativity shine - she made this polar bear all on her own with glitter glue :). ^
^ Emma is also loving 'science' experiments - anytime she would see a white flower, we would cut it off and use food coloring to dye it. if you have any other 'science' experiments that a five year old would love, send the ideas my way. ^
^ Emma running her nail salon and Everly being so patient with her this particular moment. ^
^ we have been enjoying the most spectacular sun rises. summer in Chengdu is really the best. ^
^ I made blueberry oatmeal bars and no one else in the family liked them so I had breakfast for a week straight :). ^
^ Wes took the girls over to their friends house one day and it looks like they found the play makeup (which is a real treat to them since I won't buy them any makeup ;)). ^
^ Wes and the girls painted one day while I was at work. ^
^ and had pizza delivered for lunch. ^
^ in the middle of July, we packed up and headed out for 11 days of exploring Singapore and Malaysia (more on that to come soon!). ^
^ these girls have been to the airport a time or two ;). ^
^ back in Chengdu, we had to get passport pictures taken in order to get new passports (Wes and I were dangerously close to running out of pages!). the place that Wes found us to get our new passport pictures just happened to be next to our favorite wonton place so wontons for dinner. ^
^ the best in Chengdu, I promise. ^
^ getting ready for back to school princess style. ^
^ and I just have to share this - Wes had the kitchen all cleaned up (I knew it was clean, but I didn't know he had snapped a picture of it) and I came home and started getting ready for the party and within seconds the kitchen went from this...
^ ... to this! and he came in snapping a picture ;). I just cannot help myself, I am so messy in the kitchen. the outcome though was delicious :). ^


































I actually did the flower experiment with our treasury group a few months ago with carnations and they loved it. Another idea is to capture spider webs using paint. You make sure the spider is gone, put some paper behind the web to catch the spray, spray the web lightly with paint and then put a clean piece of paper behind it and pull it through so the web sticks to it. I used to do that with my mom in Ft. Worth and they were beautiful. I'm not sure what type of spray paint she used, but would spray a light, fine coat. We also used to plant beans in plastic sandwich bags (the folding kind not ziplock). Put a paper towel in the bag then put a few staples across the middle to hold seeds. Put some bean seeds or any larger seed behind the paper towel, add some water so that the paper towel behind the seeds stays wet/moist, then tape the bag with the paper towel side facing outside so the seeds can be seen from the inside and do not have full sun. Eventually the bean will sprout and grow roots and you can replant. Add enough water as needed to make sure the paper towel stays damp especially if the window is hot from the sun. These are old school, but I guess you also know about how to make slime from school glue.
ReplyDeleteEverly looks so much like Ally in that makeup picture! For real!
ReplyDelete