Wednesday, April 5, 2017

March Little Things

How is it already April and how have we already been living in China for a year? I don't even know.  All I do know is that I am incredibly thankful that spring has sprung in China and I see the sun on a weekly basis - mark that as things I never thought I would say before moving to China.

^ signs that spring is surely coming ^
^ I love love love when Wes sends me hi! mom pictures of the girls at the bus stop ^
^ Saturday morning equals ready for her picture before our weekly Starbucks run ^
^ this girls smile ^
^ on our morning agenda, a stop at Ikea to pick up linens for Nonni and Papa George's upcoming trip to China... three months from now, we are planners ;).  no trip to Ikea is complete without 2 yuan ice cream (seriously less than thirty cents) ^
^ when we got home, we got into some princess dresses before heading to a birthday party ^
^ just your average baby wearing mama belle with her pet giraffe ready to move to go to a birthday party ^
^ and Evsie's had to bring along newly acquired hedgehog ^
^ I am sure we were a site to see walking to the birthday party ^
^ the girls and the adults had the best time at this birthday party ^
^ pin the carrot on Olaf ^
^ not sure exactly where we were headed (probably a walk), but we made sure hedgehog was all buckled in after a near loss on our way home from the birthday party ^
^ I need to do a whole school post, but I had to include this one because it makes me laugh - Emma's thoughts on the vegetable soup that her class prepared ^
^ another hi! mom picture before school! ^
^ Wes continued to create the best snack bags for Everly ^

^ he sent this one the day before we left for Tokyo Disneyland!! ^
^ Evsie's class had a field trip to Polar World (her smile tells me just how much fun she had) ^
^ Saturday morning and she requested her picture be taken for her blog ;) ^
^ when she breaks out into her model pose, I cannot help but giggle ^

^ after some errands, we picked up one of the girls friends from school and headed to our favorite playground ^
^ the girls love to jump, the Chinese ladies love to watch ;) ^
^ wheeeeeee! ^

^ we had snacks in our new favorite area and the jumping continued ^
^ so did the model pose ^
^ you guys, I think I have a slight problem - I cannot stop buying Everly new stuffed animals.  She acquires a new one at least twice a month and I think it is possibly the cutest thing but we are being overrun by stuffed animals - exhibit a. hedgehog above, exhibit b. this particular Saturday she got an ant eater, exhibit c. for her gift at Disney she chose an Eyore and an elephant.  we have to make it stop, but at the same time, I just don't know if it can be stopped. we all have our hangups, right? ^
^ Everly dug around in my closet and found a bunch of pictures that I had brought to China with us - she laid them all out to make a puzzle :) ^
^ one Sunday morning we painted our dinosaurs that Nonni gifted Emma for her birthday ^
^ I thought we were walking to the playground, they told me they were walking to their wedding ^
^ but really, we ended up at the playground ;) ^
^ one Friday afternoon, I left work a little early and headed to the best kids birthday party I have ever been too (it is Everly's little best friend) ^
^ seriously, there were so many funs things for the kiddos to do ^







^ they went all out for the decorations - there was even more than this! Ev's best friend at school is a boy just in case you were wondering... ^
^ Evsie's enjoyed the cake - nom nom nom ^
^ and the watermelon ^
^ the parents had a seafood/steak grill with the most delicious scallops I have ever tasted plus wine imported from Italy while the kids played some more ^
^ Emma was the first child to tackle this big slide - so so brave this girl of mine ^
^ I cannot even count how many times Everly went down these slides ^
^ she was a blur of happiness each time ^
^ the next morning we got ready to do our normal Saturday routine ^
^ could she be any sweeter?? I say that too much, right? ^
^ she really nailed the model pose this particular morning ^ 
^ Emma was ready to go too ^
^ fully accessorized of course ^
^ we were headed to our favorite playground, no surprise there, right? However, it turned out to be closed so we decided to check out the lake/island option that we had heard about but never tried.  basically we rode a boat to this island that had a petting zoo, small playground and a shopping area. ^
^ the girls favorite part was feeding the animals ^
^ loved watching them with these alpacas ^
^ the guy working at the animal farm saw how into animals the girls were and brought out a container filled with baby rabbits and let the girls hold one! ^
^ they were thrilled, and a bit nervous ^
^ just look at that smile though ^
^ and her little hands holding a baby rabbit ^
^ precious ^
^ the girls got to paint kites while we were there - after playing for several hours, we headed to our favorite pizza place.  we are becoming more and more predictable :). ^
^ and then we went to Tokyo for a week.  we had a hard time recovering - coming back at 11pm with colds for the three of us girls makes going to school and work the next morning more challenging than normal.  we recovered though and one night the girls continued to paint on their dinosaurs. ^
^ the last day of March hi! Mom picture - they got to wear dresses under their uniform which made them unusually peppy ^
^ we dined al fresco that night ^
^ and wrapped up March with some time spent at the playground ^

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the Rapunzel hair - I wish I had one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha that picture of Emma with the vegetable soup is killer. Love it. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and you can never have too many stuffed animals. If I didn't know you were in China, the pics look like you could be in back in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everly is so sweet. Her little rabbit pics and little belle holding the hedgehog. I think you picked the perfect middle name for her.

    ReplyDelete