One. Survivor is back on TV. I can feel my sisters
rolling their eyes at me right now. Wes
and I love Survivor and we have watched several seasons together. I look forward to Thursday or Friday evenings
after the girls are in bed and we watch it together – it is the best and it
keeps surprising us this season.
Two. Everly
has gotten so good at riding her bike. I really thought it would take her months and
months to accomplish – I still remember the first time she tried and I kept
saying ‘forward, Everly, pedal forward’ and she would just go backwards. So we put it away for a little while. Then, one day, she told Wes that she wanted
to bring it inside so she could practice.
So we brought it inside and she practiced for a few days and then we
took her back outside to practice some more and she got the hang of it in just
a few days! She is speedy quick now and can go up and down hills. One of the most rewarding parts of parenting
is watching your child accomplish something and over the weekend I was telling
Wes just how happy I am that Ev’s learned to ride her bike so quickly.
Three.
Spring in Chengdu is the best. On Saturday I recorded a day in our life (be on
the lookout for the post on Wednesday –
fingers crossed) and we had the best day exploring a new-to-us park (in search
of cherry blossoms – spoiler alert, we found them!) wrapping up the day with
bike rides and time on the playground. On Sunday, we had more
bike/scooter rides, a picnic outside for lunch and then we headed to a birthday
party in our neighborhood where we got to hang out outside the majority of the
time. Ahhhh – springtime we love you, please don’t go away.
Four. My daily calendar has had some of my most favorite pictures ever
lately (the top left might be my favorite of all time). I was listening to a podcast when they
recommended this company called Social Print Studio last November and I got to
work on making my mom a calendar filled with pictures (mostly of the girls, but
I also solicited pictures from my sisters too).
It is one of those calendars where you tear off a page each day. It was a lot of work and I was loving how it
turned out so I decided to order myself the exact same one. I have l-o-v-e-d it! And I think my mom loves
hers too because we text often about the pictures of each day. Most pictures were from the past year, but I
also snuck in some baby pictures that desperately have me wanting to smooch
those deliciously chubby baby cheeks again.





Great post - it is so nice to hear that you can still catch your favorite shows. I prefer Amazing Race and Naked and Afraid to Survivor, but I understand your obsession. I know I keep saying this, but the pictures from the last few posts (even the Great Wall) look like they could have been taken in Ft. Worth (ok, maybe no wall in the metroplex), but it didn't seem crowded and you looked as comfortable as you were during the holidays. Guess all that world traveling and new, strange experiences is your new normal - and you make it look so easy! Also a great use of all of your beautiful family photos in the calendar. You really know how to capture great shots.
ReplyDeleteCute calendar. The girls outfits are perfect in this post!
ReplyDelete