Labor Day weekend was one of those weekends that we headed into with minimal plans and came out of jam packed with quality family time. On Friday night, the concerts started back up at the Levitt pavilion- the girls were so excited! Ev's put on her own hair band and the way she put it on, it looked like she had Minnie Mouse ears so of course that sent us into a fit of giggles and called for a selfie :).
Then, Emma got a hold of my phone and I have approximately 476 pictures like this.
And then miracle of all miracles I asked the girls to sit on the stairs with us so we could all take a family picture and we got not one, but two! pictures where we are all smiling and looking at the camera! I think I am going to frame the top picture even if it is a grainy iPhone picture. I just adore it that much.
We left a little early for the concert so we could run to Academy to look at getting Emma some soccer shoes and while she had absolutely no interest in trying on tennis shoes or cleats, she had tons of interest in taking pictures- even telling me to get lower so she could get me in the camera. Nailed it ;).
However, she did not quite nail her picture of Everly :).
These are pictures that she wants me to keep on my phone for when she 'gets bigger feet like me'. Ummmm ok, Emma- I won't keep them on my phone, but you will have a permanent record of them on the blog ;).
We stopped to check out the golfing section and the girls were excited that we let them golf- even though they couldn't quite get the hang of it and just kept walking the golf ball to the hole and then cheering for themselves.
At the concert, we let them share a snocone (places like this are typically so nice and will split a small snocone into two cups) and Everly gave Emma the last little bit of her snocone which resulted in lots of loving from big sister.
I can't believe she can pick Everly up off the ground!
Sisters :).
On Saturday morning, we had our church directory pictures and the cooperation from the night before was not in tact. While Emma did actually smile her cheeseball smile, Everly sat there as stoic (and quite frankly, looked ticked off about the whole situation) as could be. I was less than thrilled with how our picture turned out, but I decided to take a few of my own.
Cheeseball smile still in tact ;).
Then, I asked her to make her best tootie noises where I was rewarded with pretty Emma smiles :).
Her baby blues are my favorite!
And my favorite- I just love love love her real smile and feel like I capture it only on rare occasions :).
Evsie's wanted in on the action- of course, by this point we were all hot, sweaty messes- but this might be one of my most recent favorite pictures of her!
Emma wasn't into trying on her soccer gear, but Ev's sure was (the shin guards go up on her knees!). That toddler belly gets me every time :) :).
We asked her if she wants to play soccer too- and she said YES! I think she is going to have so much fun watching her big sister this year!!
The only time she slows down during the day- nap time! You have to be right there with her taking a nap, but I would be lying if I didn't say that it was one of my favorite parts of every weekend.
After naps, 'lally' came over to go swimming and play with the girls! Emma, still in a picture taking mood, asked to have her picture made with Ally- nailed it again ;).
After swimming, they settled down to color while we waited on daddy to pick up the pizza!
After a pizza dinner (with Bobbob and Colleen too!), the girls headed outside to eat their watermelon. Emma's face is my FAVORITE! explaining how much she loves watermelon :).
We convinced Emma to wear her pink shoes because they would make her run very very fast and she took that statement to heart as we headed back out to another concert ;).
I sent this picture to my mom and Austin because I was literally dying inside as to how cute these shoes were! Aust wanted to know why she was wearing sweats considering it was almost 100 degrees outside- because my silly girl dug through her old clothes and decided she wanted to wear a size 18 month old dress! I need to get those clothes to Aust, stat.
Evsie's was beside herself that she got to pet a neigh neigh.
And just generally had the best time at the concert :).
Sunday morning snuggles before Mass :).
On Saturday, Wes found us a killer deal on Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor passes that were good now - December 2016 so we hopped on the deal and headed to Six Flags where we sweated our bums off.
Hehe- I think the lady behind me probably thinks I am a crazy person snapping away pictures! Just love taking pictures with my mini!
Her first solo ride ever! They dont let the parents ride, which also unfortunately means Evsie's can't ride. I am going to look into getting her some high tops, because I am pretty sure they would have the best time together :).
Meanwhile, Ev's rode this ride with daddy and was scared out of her mind :/.
And then, we found a ride that we could all enjoy together- the swings! I promise, Emma was having more fun than she is letting on :). After a couple of rides on the swing and one last ride on the carousel, we headed home sweaty as all get out.
On Monday morning with no plans on our agenda, we decided to head to Hurricane Harbor. We had a blast splashing around (I wish I would have had my phone in the lazy river so you could see Everly's relaxed face- she was in heaven!) and soaking in the last summer weekend.
Love this girl!
Emma started crying during her nap time which woke Everly up (who had only been down for about 20 - 25 minutes) so I went into her room to try to get her back to sleep and was met with a smiley girl who just wanted to snuggle :).
Even though I would have preferred for her to go back to sleep, I took the opportunity to get in as many smooches as she would allow :).
After naps, we got ready for Emma's first soccer practice!!! which concluded the best little holiday weekend :).








































I love the pictures of Emma picking up Everly! What a fun weekend!! :)
ReplyDelete