Tuesday, September 1, 2015

August Little Things: Part 1

One thing I will remember about this August, it was H.O.T.!!! Like 108 degrees hot for an entire week (#sogladiamnotpregnant #sorryaustin).  However, we did have one cold front near the end of August which tried to make up for the generally sweltering temperatures.  Overall it was a great month; lots of pool time, lots of family time, five weekends = just the way I like it.

The day after Ev's birthday party, we took our newly crowned two year old to the museum after Mass.


I just love the way she studies everything, taking it all in and trying to figure it all out.


And if I am being completely honest, I love her ponytail ;).


And this dress.


We headed over to the arts and crafts section, but this time steered clear of the markers and went for the clay/play doh- all four kiddos making snakes.  I will give you one guess as to whose idea it was to make snakes ;) and one guess as to who was bossing around her brothers to make snakes for her ;).


Emma counting her snake family members giving them all names.


She even waved bye bye to them as we left.


Evsie's wasn't feeling so well one night so while I normally just put her in her crib after prayers, I gave my baby a few extra snuggles.  It made me miss breastfeeding and all the snuggles that come with breastfeeding like crazy.


In August we were continuing trying to get Emma to sleep through the night with a reward system that involved an ice cream cone or slurpee if she slept through the night and if she made it five nights in a row, she would get to go to the trampoline park.  Our good sleeper was happy to partake in the rewards :).


Spoiler alert- she still hasn't quite made it to five nights in a row, but she has gotten way better! And more fashionable- don't you love her bracelet ;).


The following weekend we headed to the zoo splash pad and for the second time in a row, just had the best time.  Emma has gotten pretty brave and will go down all of the slides (with the exception of the largest orange slide) still mostly wanting me to go before her but by the end gaining enough courage to go down by herself.


She indulged Everly and played on the baby slides.



Oh hi! there sweet girl! In case you are wondering, yes, I made Everly wear her swim suit and a swim top- it was the hottest day we had all year and we almost didn't go I was so worried about them getting sunburned and I was not taking my chances.


This girl loves peek-a-boo like nobody else I have ever met before.


Waiting to catch her baby trying to coax her down the slide :).


Then proceeding to chasing her all around.


That night we just hung around the playroom- the girls like to bundle themselves up on shelves and pop out and 'baprise' me :).


Sunday afternoon we went to Nonni and Papa George's house and the girls indulged in some ice cream.


All of our eyes were closed, but I just love these three smiles so much.


It had been a really long day- Emma kept saying that she was a baby all.day.long. and I am sure she didn't sleep through the night and I lost my cool. It takes a lot for me to lose my patience, but I lost it this day. This was just what we all needed to rebound- a glass of wine for Nonni and mommy and ice cream for the girls.


All of my most favorite girls in the world.


We were playing in the playroom one night after work and I noticed that it was brimming to the top with toys.  I told Emma that we should pick out at least one toy that we could give to Theodore. Without hesitation she picked grumpy cat #luckytheodore #luckymommy #luckyaustin #luckyallthewayaround ;). I snapped this picture to send to Austin to inform her that she had won the toy lottery.


Wes made this delicious sausage/potato hash one night and it warranted a picture #yesweeatonplasticplatesfromikea.


I found this picture on our Photostream- Wes said he would make this for me to help out with the girls wanting to crawl into my lap at the same time ;).


One night, I went back into check on Everly and I noticed that she had fallen asleep holding her sippy cup at her eyes tucked in by grumpy cat #goodthingwedidntgivehimtobabyseodore #not ;).


Love this picture of me and my mini me and her 'prise smeared all over her face.


Three or four nights a week, this is what our nights looked like.  We have really enjoyed the heck out of our pool this summer.


How many hashtags can one person use in a post #sorrynotsorry #okalittlesorry #stop #NOW! I hope you show back up for little things part two minus all the hashtags ;).

2 comments:

  1. I love Everly's pony and dress too!! How can one sleep with a cup on their face?? hahah
    Connor does NOT need a grumpy cat or large worm. haha. Just FYI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep that in mind when I ask Emma what we should get Connor for his 1st birthday ;)

      Delete