After a break, we are finally wrapping up the final installment of August little things. You can catch up on Part 1 and Part 2 here and here. Grab a cup of coffee and get comfy, even though this is the third installment- there are still a ton of pictures!
In case you haven't noticed, we go to the zoo and museum quite a bit thanks to our memberships so for the last weekend in August, we were looking for something a little bit different. Since we needed to pick up a few things for our trip, we decided to head out to Trader's Village which is essentially a big flea market filled with lots of junk. And rides for the kids. Sounds, fun- right??!??
Evsie's enjoyed this ride more than Emma :).
After we walked around and nearly sweat to death, we grabbed a snocone to share.
After Ev's spilled her portion everywhere, Wes got her a straw; best decision ever ;).
I asked Emma how much she loved the snocone and she responded back with 'soooooo much'. Less you think this is perfect, I asked her how much she loved me and she responded with 'tiny bit' while smooshing her thumb and forefinger together while simultaneously laughing hysterically.
They instantly fell asleep once we reached the car; thank goodness for my super fuel efficient car that allowed us to just drive around for an hour and a half :). Wes and I like to call these car dates- silence (from our munchkins) at last!
That afternoon we went over to visit Nonni, Papa George and Theodore (they were watching him for the weekend) and my dad, the girls and I headed to DQ to share a treat for his birthday. Both girls insisted that Papa George carry them- might be one of my favorite pictures of these three together.
On Sunday, Nonni and Theo came over to go swimming after naps.
Emma and Theo both sticking their tongues out :).
This is the closest Ev's would get to deo-dore- he looks a little let down by her behavior ;).
Happy girl :).
That night we had pizza with Bobbob and Colleen- after dinner, Emma thought it was the appropriate time to give Ev's a pedicure. Their imagination is my favorite- they both played along with the scenario :).
We finished the night up with lots of goofing off, sad to see another weekend come to an end.
I met my dad at Starbucks one morning to grab a coffee on his birthday!
This series of pictures is a little out of sync, they actually belong to part 2, but I couldn't resist sharing them. Emma's most current 'cheese' faces- aren't they lovely ;).
Then, her little copy cat attempted to mimic the cheese face (while I was screaming noooooo all the way).
And a real smile, after we all ended up cracking up about Evsie's cheese face. I just love that this picture highlights her cheesy smile :).
Then, the girls were ready to head to the library hand in hand.
I love how big sister is leading little sister.
I think this is how their relationship will always be- Emma is the outspoken one, not afraid to try many things and a somewhat natural born leader (code word for bossy :)), while Ev's is the quiet one, really thinks things through before just jumping all in and is (for the most part) happy to follow someone else's lead.
We spent gobs of week nights out in the pool; practicing jumping in 'muddy puddles' and doing baby yoga :).
When we would come inside, we would get hit by the air conditioning blast and immediately snuggle up in my blardigan (always per Emma's request).
Have you heard the Beyonce quote 'I woke up like this'?? I think after this- she indicates that she wakes up fabulous. Anyhow, one morning I asked Wes how the girls were doing when they woke up and he sent me this picture- yes, sometimes they do wake up like this. And I feel terrible for Wes.
I imagine this is toddler heaven- sippy cup of water in one hand and a Popsicle in the other (double fisting at its finest ;)).
Sister hugs.
And then Bailey (who the girls have affectionately renamed Bella while simultaneously changing his gender from a male to a female) got in on some of the loving while trying to check out if Ev's spilled any of her Popsicle.
Just a girl and her dog and too much loving :).
The last weekend of August, we headed to the zoo splash park- while I was watching them run around I couldn't help but notice how much Everly looked like me as a baby!
Sister hugs are my favorite- can you tell??
Evsie's really got all kinds of courage on this trip; going down the baby slide time after time by herself and with no prompting or help.
This may be one of my favorite pictures of me and Emma- pure happiness :).
As we were wrapping up, Ev's decided she needed to impersonate a bunny. And she might be the cutest rabbit I have ever seen- just imagine her saying 'hop hop hop'.
These girls are my favorite!
Which they loved quite a bit (despite the look on Ev's face ;)).
Sunday, before church, I ran outside to get a few pictures of the girls with my real camera after the girls handpicked (and insisted on putting on themselves) their headbands.
Sweet, candid sister moments that warm my heart.
After church, we went over to Austin's house to hang out with her and baby Theodore. I think Theo was pleased with our decision to stop by ;).
Emma really wanted Theodore to hold her hand, but he doesn't quite understand what holding hands means, but no worries- Emma just grabbed Theo's hand and forced it inside of hers :).
Same facial expression #cousins.
Sunday afternoon naps (which includes lots of hand-holding) with my biggest girl.
And with that- August is a wrap :).















































I am OBSESSED that Bailey is now a girl!!! Hahahahhahhah
ReplyDeleteI love Theo and Everly's matching expressions at the end. Too cute!