Little Bah Boo,
Just when I think I have you figured out, you throw me a curveball. Its like you want to keep me on my parenting toes.
The last four nights, you will not take your bottle in your room at night. We start our bedtime routine downstairs. We change your dipe. I put you in your p-jammers. We say night night and kiss daddy. Then I take you upstairs with your bottle. You refuse it. And start to cry (sometimes hysterically). I don't know what to do, but I do know you are hungry. So I bring you downstairs, feed you your bottle, tell daddy we love him, then we go back upstairs.
This would be ok, but you don't go right to sleep. You make mommy stand up and rock you FOR EVER. So I bounce you up and down, while you fight it and I sing to you.
I start out singing:
I love my bah boo
I love my bah boo
I especially love it
when you giggle and coo
which after five rounds turns to:
I love my bah boo
I love my bah boo
I especially love it
when she goes night night
night night
night night
without a fight
If you are still flinging your 16 pound body around, I will start out with rounds and round of shhhh shhhh shhh shhhh shhhhhs shhhhhhh shhhhhh shhhhhh shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
All while silently praying you will go to sleep.
Please take your bottle in your room. I decorated that room just for you. It is a good room. A pretty room. Definitely a room that is fit to have a bottle in.
Don't make nighttime all kinds of work. You confuse me some days.
It is one of my most cherished (and sometimes hated) parts of the day.
No matter what, I still love you to pieces.
I maybe could just love it a little more if you took your bottle in your very own bedroom.
All my love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment