Friday, July 28, 2017

Celebrating our Everly Gracie (at school)

Can you even believe that our baby girl is going to turn FOUR this week? Hold me - she is getting so so so big, I can hardly stand it.  While I love this new stage that we are getting into with little kids rather than toddlers, I also just can't believe we are not going to have little ones running around anymore.  Everly saw every single one of her friends at school turn four during the year and just didn't quite understand why she was also not turning four for much much longer.  We decided to go ahead and celebrate Everly's birthday with her class during the last week of school and I have a few pictures if you would like to take a look.

^ our strawberry loving girl requested a strawberry cake with strawberry icing (which would be my last pick, but she loved it and it was her birthday so we went with it).  Sunday night - we got to baking and taste testing ;). ^
^ when the girls went to bed, the cake had not cooled enough to frost so they were very surprised when they woke up in the morning (I added the sprinkles without telling her).  they could not wait for our driver to get here to go to school! ^
^ the party girls waiting on the car ^
^ Emma was soo sooo funny this particular morning - her and Everly had made elaborate plans how they would talk Mrs. Lauren (Emma's teacher) into letting Emma come to Everly's class party even though she would miss Chinese class -of course, Mrs. Lauren said yes - but you never would have thought that the way they were scheming. ^
^ me and my girl in her class! ^
^ we did it first thing in the morning (I had meetings all afternoon) and once her class all arrived, we got down to partying - aren't a bunch of four year olds sitting about the table the cutest! ^
^ in true Everly fashion, she was a little embarrassed at first when everyone was singing happy birthday! ^
^ but she eventually warmed up and started to enjoy it ^
^ and was beaming by the end! ^
^ Emma telling Everly to make a wish before blowing out the candles ^

^ my favorite two pictures from the morning - I just love it when the girls are so sweet to each other. ^
^ and she blew out her candles one by one ^
^ until they were all blown out - Emma's proud big sister face kills me, she is so stinking proud! ^
^ and then the kiddos ate some cake! so so happy we were able to have a little classroom celebration for our baby girl. ^

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - so adorable! I love the shots of her going from shy to ok and the make a wish shot. I always asked for strawberry cake too so I know where she is coming from - looked delicious! Scheming - just wait until they are teenagers :-) Awesome post - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going waaay back to catch up! This is the sweetest post! I love that thye were planning on how to get Emma to her party! And I love that sweet timid girl!

    ReplyDelete