Miraculously, Snowflake made her way to China (we ended up discussing in detail and she had to take two planes to get here ;)).
During the week, Wes helped me to gather all of the supplies and on Saturday morning, we surprised the girls with their North Pole Breakfast (China edition).
Complete with donuts, hot chocolate (chocolate milk) and all the marshmallows they wanted!
And she brought a little present for the girls too ;).
I was pretty pleased that all of those Christmas straws that I had been saving since last year made it (and were able to be located) too!
Wes was able to find the headbands at our local grocery store.
Ariel shot :). I am not going to lie, most of the time I feel like I am just doing so-so on the whole parenting thing, but when I put together something like this - it makes me feel like I am top of this whole mom thing!
Wes handed me the camera when the girls woke up and this is him turning the lights on, Emma being blinded by the light and Everly taking a look at what Snowflake had brought :).
A little bit of confusion :).
Before the excitement set in (p.s. I just love this bedhead shot).
Her first act of business, pointing at Snowflake and grabbing her donut to take a bite :).
Here we started to discuss how Snowflake arrived (the girls ask so many more questions this year, I almost was not prepared for it ?!!)
and the girls dug into their presents! Funny side story, Wes was shopping while I was at work and he sent me a picture of the snowman that you see Everly holding and I definitely thought it was a stuffed animal, I was so sure it didn't even dawn on me to ask. While he was putting the girls to bed last night I pulled out the stuff and I kept searching to find the stuffed animals - couldn't find them anywhere and it dawned on me that these snowman on a stick were my stuffed animals. It all worked out fine and the girls said that Snowflake sent them magic wands so they could help them magic some snow ;).
Happy girls!
Snowflake brought the girls stickers and a piece of candy.
My favorite memory of the morning was watching Everly dig into her present while exclaiming, "oh gosh, oh gosh, ohhhhhhhh goooooooossssshhhhhh" every time she pulled out a sticker pad.
This is one of the girl's favorite chocolate's that we can find in China (the selection is pretty limited).
Those smiles make it all worth it :).
Sister smooches :).
We had a slow morning just enjoying our time together eating donuts and playing with stickers.
I think it is so funny, almost hilarious, to watch their little personalities emerge during play - Everly, our more free-spirited, easy-going kid just puther stickers wherever on the page.
While Emma, our more OCD (my mom likes to call it engineering) personality, lines her stickers all up in a line starting at the top of the page and working her way down.
These two were quite animated the whole morning and it was such a fun way to kick off the holiday season!
Snowflake was up to her first antics - while the girls were not looking, she flew to her first spot in our China house and the girls spent the rest of Saturday trying to convince her to fly down.
Welcome back Snowflake, we have missed you :).






























Glad you found her and all the accessories! Sorry I have been MIA - was in Guatemala with Habitat for Humanity for my birthday. I missed all your posts and am just catching up. Looks like it will be a fun China style Christmas for you. Does Snowflake speak mandarin?
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I hope you had a great trip :).
DeleteSuper cute post!! You are totally a great Mom. I'm happy they had a magical morning. :)
ReplyDelete