After our stop at the Beijing Exhibition Hall, we made our way to to Tiananmen Square - the central place of the Chinese government and where it has been said that the People's Republic of China was founded on October 1st, 1949 (which is why we get the National holiday). The square is huge, full of life and attracts thousands of visitors a day. We had so much fun walking around with Glenn, learning various tidbits along the way.
^^ one of the original gates from the Ming dynasty that was built in 1415 ^^
^^ there were so many people here! I couldn't get over the massive crowds. These people were all waiting to see the Ming tombs (I think); our tour guide doesn't believe it is real - there is a big debate, so we skipped the hour long line. ^^
^^ the bell tower with the Chinese parliament with Wes and Everly :) ^^
^^ love this shot ^^
^^ the look of the national museum from Tiananmen Square ^^
^^ fun fact: the Chinese Parliament is on the 100 Yuan bill ^^
^^ so of course, we had to get a picture ^^
^^ Emma was much happier when she got to help hold the money ^^
^^ i am not quite sure what the flowers represented ^^
^^ we got so many family pictures on this vacation thanks to our awesome tour guide! ^^












It appears there are people living in China besides ya'll.. they all just happen to be at the square ;) I like Everly's red/black jacket.
ReplyDeleteThanks! It is actually a shirt :)
Delete... and apparently all waiting in line to see some fake tombs. Glad you got some family pics - looks like an awesome trip.
ReplyDeleteMe too, I realized on this trip how few family pictures we have had in the last 8 months since we don't have anyone to snap for us!
DeleteI like your scarf :)
ReplyDeleteme too - I had a great secret santa last year ;)
DeleteI love the family pictures! I cannot believe you carried an almost 5 year old!!!
ReplyDeleteMe neither!!! I feel like she is pretty light at about 35 pounds, but 35 pounds on your back for three days, ay yay yay ;).
Delete