Thursday, May 5, 2016

Friday Favorites: Our 6th Week in China

I cannot believe we have been in China for six weeks.  On some days, it feels like we have been here forever and on some days, it feels like we just arrived.  We are thankful that time is flying because we are both missing our families like crazy!! Last week, we had a three day weekend and no car so there were treats galore (and no pizza like we had previously planned :().  We probably walked to our playground 8 times over the last six days just to get the girls out and about and able to explore. 

We kicked off our three day weekend with dumplings and fried rice and finished the night with donut treats from a local bakery (Ev's had already picked off all of the rock candy by the time I thought to grab a picture!).


On Saturday morning, we headed down to our neighborhood market!


And tried one of our new favorites which also doubled as our first Chengdu street food: spicy potatoes!  They were delicious!!


The girls opted for the Hong Kong waffle pictured in the last post and then we headed to the playground.  One of my favorites, was watching Emma take pictures of Everly- even though her fingers were all over the camera, I love Ev's smile!


They went to play and Emma continued to take picture- Ev's is such a trooper!  They started out like this...


... and got a little better with a forced smile!


And my favorite!! Look at my big girl with long legs!!


On Sunday morning, Emma's picture game started out strong again!


And then these two were ridiculously cute together all day! They were the best of friends playing at the playground together and taking each other's pictures :).


Emma was pretending to be the mommy and Everly was pretending to be the baby- there were goo goo's galore.


My favorite- top knot twins!!


They continued their ridiculous cuteness and held hands for the longest time :).


While chatting up a storm!


Could they be any cuter?? (the answer is no, just in case you are wondering ;)).


When we got back to our house, I tried to lay down with the girls for a nap.  After an hour of laying there with no sleeping, I called it a day and we all got up (I was pretty grumpy about how naps had turned out).  We sat down to watch some cartoons and before I knew it, this girl crawled up in my lap and fell fast asleep.  Since she spent the first 21 months of her life sleeping on or by me, it was such a sweet feeling for old times sake :).  And definitely a favorite :).


The cuteness did not end when we got ready to walk to dinner.  Emma changed dresses and Everly packed her backup (that is bigger than her, but she was insistent on getting a 'lambie' backpack) and we were off!


I asked them to turn around and smile for a picture- they both gave me this look which is definitely a favorite!


Our Monday was not as good as our Saturday and Sunday- there were lots of tears and everyone was done being homebound.  We did laundry, cooked at home and made it to the playground once for a quick visit.  We were all ready to resume our normal schedule on Tuesday!

On Wednesday, our power was out from 7am - 8:30pm (planned a day in advance) and so I decided to head into work a little bit later so that Wes and Everly could ride with me (getting one-on-one time with Ev's is so nice!).  However, before we dropped Emma off on the bus, the girls wanted to hop on the scooter and go for a ride!


Here Emma was zoom zooming real fast :).


These two are definitely my favorites!


Another favorite moment of the week- Emma's friend from school's mom sent me these pictures from sports day! Somehow Wes and I missed the memo that it was sports day, so we were pretty excited to have a peek into what that looked like :).


Ribbons for all!


Emma is still loving her new school (more pictures to come next week!), but I had to share my favorite from this week- this is Emma and her sweet friend during swimming lessons! From now until the end of the school year, they are taking swim lessons during their PE time and it is definitely my favorite!!


We haven't decided what we are doing this weekend, but we know that pizza will be involved ;).  Hope you have a great weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. that pic of Emma & Everly with their "serious" faces is hilarious. Cracking up over that one. We miss you too! Love ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing Emma's school pictures. Can't wait until Evs can join in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everly's dress on the scooter may be the cutest dress I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just hopped over from the Friday Favorite's linky party, so I'm new...it looks like you just moved to China? for work or just a cool experience? I just ask because I lived in China for almost a year and I absolutely LOVED it! Seeing all your pictures made me all nostalgic! We are planning a trip back with our kids and I'm super excited about it. I hope you have a great weekend!
    xo, jen @ www.bellenbrooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen- we moved for work for a couple of years! Where did you live?? Where are you planning on visiting?? We are liking it so far and hope to love it soon ;).

      Delete