... 'I love you's' and smooches every single day
... Sunday afternoon naps nestled in between them
... knowing I will get to meet their siblings (my first
baby and Emma's twin) up in heaven one day
... recognizing each kiddo's unique personalities and
embracing their differences
... never sleeping in, like really, never ever
... experiencing activities and events through their
eyes, (one of my favorite parts of parenting for sure!)
... tummy rubs and bedtime stories about Cecil the dog at
night night time
... brownie batter everywhere when making a batch of
brownies together
... unconditional love for these two tiny humans
... bath tubs filled with giggles and splish splash's and
water everywhere
... kissing boo boo's whenever someone falls down
... second guessing every parenting decision I made
during the day the instant they are asleep
... hundreds of pictures in an attempt to somehow freeze
time
... seeing two delighted faces every time I come through
the door after work
... eating snacks in hiding when I really don’t want to
share ;)
... turning ordinary events like a walk down the block and
turning them into a fun activity for the girls
... taking a risk moving them all the way to China for
a cultural experience we are surely to never forget
... appreciating everything my mom did for me while I was
growing up, and even now
... worrying, worrying and more worrying
... buying them cute clothes to wear, because you know
how much joy this brings me :)
... answering questions that sometimes I don’t even know
the answer too
...watching too many episodes of Peppa Pig
... giving into 'painting nights' that are fun for them, but oh so messy for me
... family dinners every.single.night because I believe this is one of the best things we can do for them
...watching too many episodes of Peppa Pig
... giving into 'painting nights' that are fun for them, but oh so messy for me
... family dinners every.single.night because I believe this is one of the best things we can do for them
... absolutely, positively the best thing I have ever
done (aside from marrying their dad ;))
I know this is a few day's late, but I just wanted to take a minute to reflect on being a mom, specifically Emma and Everly's mom, as we celebrated Mother's Day. I truly feel blessed that they call me Mommy.
I know this is a few day's late, but I just wanted to take a minute to reflect on being a mom, specifically Emma and Everly's mom, as we celebrated Mother's Day. I truly feel blessed that they call me Mommy.

If being a good mother was measured only by the love you put into their adorable clothes, then you would be scored as awesome - I hope you had a special Mother's Day.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Paige (although I hope they remember me for all the love and not the clothes ;)).
DeleteOh girl! You and Wes should take turns sleeping in. Its the best!
ReplyDeleteSweet post!