One night before we left for China, my sister-in-law had us all over to her house for one last family get together! We really had the best time and I had not laughed that hard in a long long time (keep reading to see why :)). First up though, pictures of Emma and Everly with their aunts!
First up, Aunt Celeste.
I told the girls to lean in and give some smooches and they must have both been in a great mood- because they both obliged!
And then because the girls were in such great moods, I hopped in there for a picture too!
We ate dinner (she had ordered Chicken Express), took some cousin pictures and then played Bean Boozled!! We can't wait to take a comparison shot in a couple of years to see how much they have all grown :).
Silly faces :).
My two sweeties ;).
Ok, so back to Bean Boozled, have you played this game?? One of the girls cousins had brought the game-for those of you that haven't played, you spin a wheel and whatever color it lands on you pick the corresponding color jelly bean to eat. The only catch- one jelly bean is a good flavor and one is a yucky flavor (think buttered popcorn or stinky feet or chocolate pudding or dog food). I have so many hilarious pictures, but so as to only embarrass the girls most of the pictures are just of them- just know that lots of people were playing.
Emma's first one she chose was peach or barf. Sounds appetizing, right??!!??
Going in and starting to taste it!
Definitely barf!!!! Eeeeewwwwwwww!
And also so hilarious too. Were all laughing so hard we were crying. And before you think that I am a terrible parent, the girls wanted to play- there was absolutely no forcing this game on them from us. And they went back time and time again!
This was Emma watching her aunt Monica take a turn- there was definitely a look of concern!
So, if you have been reading for long,you know that Emma is our daring child while Everly is definitely our more reserved child. So it was no surprise to me that Emma wanted to play, but I was quite shocked that Evsie's also wanted to play.
And you guys, she loved it!
The first round we gave her the blue jelly bean which in my opinion is the most mild flavor (toothpaste or blueberry) and she got toothpaste. But then the next time she was up, she got chocolate pudding or dog food. And she wouldn't tell us which flavor it was, so I leaned in to smell her breath and...
... it was definitely dog food! And she just ate the entire jelly bean! That tasted like dog food!!
And then she requested to have another turn??!! What is it with this girl? It was hilarious to watch her take it all in stride :).
And because I just want you to have another glimpse of how much fun I was having- check out Aunt Celeste and my reaction- I can't remember which jelly bean she got, but obviously it was not the delicious one ;).
And more pictures, just for fun!
They just kept going back for more and more so I had to cut them off at some point.
Smooches for grandma before we left for the evening!
We had such a fun night with my husband's family- I will always remember this night as family edition of bean boozled. Ahhhhhh, so much fun! so many laughs!





























Fantastic post - looks like a blast. I love the idea of taking the same cousin picture after you get back. Such funny faces, expressions and bean flavors!
ReplyDeleteyuuuuuck. no one could ever convince me to play that! Would have loved to watch it in action though.
ReplyDeleteI love that Everly didn't mind the dog food! Isn't it crazy that the smell is so strong too??
ReplyDelete