Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Emma Goes To School | China Edition

Yesterday, our first baby started a new school.  I didn't think I was nervous for her, but I cried like a first time mom when I dropped her off.  She was just so nervous and unsure and I just couldn't believe I was dropping my baby off at school in a foreign country all.by.herself. Don't worry, I know I sound dramatic, but I truly was not expecting that response from myself- she has gone to some type of school for the last almost three years!  Needless to say, I thought about her all day long and was anxious to hear how her day went! We took her to school in the morning, but she was going to ride the bus home in the afternoon! My baby on a bus!! Her teacher sent us an email when the school day was over letting us know that Emma had a good day which was a relief.  The last piece of the puzzle was Wes and Everly picking her up at the bus stop (I made sure to tell him to snap plenty of pictures :)).  Here she comes!


Looking so big :).


And super happy to see her sister! Wes said you could tell they missed each other while the other was away.


She wears uniforms at her school! and was pretty pleased with her sticker.  According to her report, she sang on the school bus all the way home, and liked riding the bus.  Her favorite part of the day was playing.  She ate her lunch for the snack and then had corn and rice in the cafeteria. And she did not take a nap (no surprise there ;)).


This morning, she was all ready to go again- I still can't believe she goes to school every day!


There she goes, ready to get on her big yellow school bus.



One final smile for daddy and Ev's (you have to look pretty close, but I am pretty sure that is what she is doing :)).


In case you are wondering, Ev's is having a pretty hard time with not getting to go to school.  She will start in August and it can't come soon enough for her.  She wants to be doing everything big sister is doing. Except use the potty ;).

8 comments:

  1. What a big day! I would have been worried all day as well- the first day at a school in a foreign country is huge!

    So does she go to an international school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know what percentage of the kids at the school are American?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know the percentage, but I know it is not a high percentage of Americans.

      Delete
  3. What a big girl getting on the bus!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute uniforms, they make Emma look so grown up. I'm proud of her for being so brave on the bus and at a new school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute in her uni!! So glad it went well! I wish I could be a fly on the wall in that classroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! Her teacher sent us some pictures of her first week, so I will have to post them soon :).

      Delete