Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sister Weekend | Part 1

Since early February, I had been looking forward to the first weekend in March- I affectionately dub anytime that all four of us original sisters get together as sister weekend! Right now, we all live in different places- Me, in China, Austin in the metroplex, Adge in Denver and Ally in Houston.  So it is extra special when we all get to hang out together.  Ally and Travis were the first to arrive and town and they made a pit stop at our house before heading to our parent's house.  Everly Gracie was pretty happy about that :).


Lots of my favorite people sitting on one couch!


Ally and Travis actually got there before I got home from work and the girls were pretty delight to see their only puppy cousin- her name is Hatcher, but Everly affectionately calls her 'Patcher'.


She sure is cute, huh? I imagine she will be much bigger by the time I see her again :).


That evening we had a low key evening, the girls and I headed to my parents house to have an ice cream cone and hang out with my parents and Ally and Travis.  Late that night, Adge got into town and the next morning we all convened over waffles and sausage at Nonni and Papa George's house.


Ev's is particularly fond of my dad :).


And the unicorn, Dreamy Eyes, she had received from him the night before.


After breakfast, my mom and Emma were busy getting our picnic lunch ready; I am not sure if Emma was helping or just eating based on these pictures :).


They are both smiling- just at two different people.


Emma got in some baby Helena snuggles before we headed out.


Possibly not Helena's best angle ;).


My favorite picture of these two!! So much love right here- Emma just adores babies :).


We drove to Fort Worth- a beautiful neighborhood, I wish I remembered the name of it, to go on our morning walk.  Our first sister picture- reunited, just the way I like it :).


After we had enough walking and I had had enough of my children trying to climb out of their strollers, we made it back to the car and picked up our picnic lunch and headed to the park.


After lunch, we took advantage of the playground and let my children run off all of their energy.  The slides were Evsie's favorite :)


I am so glad that we stayed in the US and got to spend an extra month with this baby girl- she is going to be so different the next time we see her! I could just eat newborns up, I love them so much!  It is something about their pat


Nonni and her fourth grandbaby :).  Fun fact, my mom has blue eyes but ended up with four brown eyed daughters.  So far, three out of four of her grandbabies have bright blue eyes just like her!!


She is a cutie :).


Emma and Nonni wrapped up park time with some swinging :).


We headed to Central Market after the park to pick up some sugary goodies and I snapped these two very blurry pictures :).



I took the girls home to lay them down for naps so they would be ready and rearing to go for our nighttime festivities :).

4 comments:

  1. Love how Everly just came up and held my hand on the couch :) And boy does my hair look gooooood when I first wake up (refer to pic 5) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I love how in the second picture everyone, even both dogs, have their eyes on Evs :)

      Delete
  2. Haha agree that was not Helena's best angle! Love the first pic of her at the park. The pic of everly on the swing is top notch. Glad we got to all be together!

    ReplyDelete