Friday, April 8, 2016

Friday Favorites: Our 2nd Week in China

I thought it would be fun to start a new series where I show you my favorite moments from each week in China.  There have been many challenging aspects so far, but this will help me to highlight all of the positive things we get to do and experience (just know that it is not quite this picture perfect ;)).

Our temporary housing place had the best play place for the girls that quickly became our favorite! We headed down here everyday to let them run their sillies out :).


And have copious amounts of tea parties meticulously set up by Emma :).


Bedhead curls in the morning light! And added bonus, my favorite part of the week is anytime where we see the sun!!


We found our favorite place to eat- Mike's Pizza Kitchen.  He moved here from the US and makes some of the best pizza we have ever had! We may or may not have ordered here 3 out of 4 nights straight ;).


This girl has been really loving her daddy- she frequently gives him hugs while saying 'dad is my best friend'.  These two will spend a lot of time together over the next few months so that really warms my heart.


Monday was a Chinese holiday so we all had the day together (a favorite in of itself)- we went on a morning walk and found a favorite spot where lots of flowers had fallen to the ground :).


That evening another expat invited us to a Crawfish boil- it was during nap time and we almost said maybe next time, but I am so glad we just went for it.  It was definitely a favorite moment of the week talking to other Americans! Also, this statue at the scared our sweet Everly at first.  But after thinking it over and contemplating it (over several hours), she asked for a picture by him.  It is definitely a favorite moment of mine to see this sweet girl coming out of her shell :).


As you know, I have always dreamed of the girls sleeping in the same bed (in my mind, I have always envisioned them staying up late and telling each other secrets) and so it has definitely been my favorite that they sleep in the same room and as an added bonus the same bed! Now it has not all been peachy and there have been lots of growing pains (my kids are not the best sleepers by a long shot), but it sure is cute, right?!?


The first morning Emma went to school, we waited outside of our neighborhood to see where the bus would pick her up.  I could tell she was nervous even though she knew that we would be taking her in her car and she collected all of these leaves for me and made them into a leaf bouquet :).  I loved it!


A big favorite moment of the week- our air shipment arrived! It almost felt like Christmas day seeing all of our things again :).  We were most pumped to see our coffee maker that my mom had gotten us for Christmas!! We are coffee lovers and it had been a rough couple of mornings without coffee since we had moved to our house.


We are loving to take the girls out to explore the neighborhood in the evenings and on our walk, we ran into this super cute place which I definitely think will become a favorite - I can already imagine the girls twirling here and me snapping away.  It has been way too long since I got out my 'big' camera and took some shots :).


My last favorite is these two- we have rocked their little world by moving to China and they have adapted flawlessly (minus the sleep adjustment ;)).  They are loving us, loving each other and honestly, really have no idea that we are in China.  They make going places fun and for the most part have been well behaved.  Here these two are, oblivious that the whole Chinese police station has stopped to stare, twirling each around while we waited on our registration.


And with that, two weeks of living in China is in the books.

7 comments:

  1. I hope they had coffee at the office for you. I would not have survived without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do not! We had a coffee maker at our temporary living place and Wes made coffee with our french press a couple of days, but there were a couple of days with no coffee- #firstworldproblems

      Delete
    2. Yowsers. Craig wouldn't have been able to cope with me in that type of situation. Haha.

      Delete
  2. I love posts like this - I can't wait to see what you adventure in China looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that it would also be interesting to hear about your challenges of living in China. I can only imagine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pizza looks seriously good! :)

    ReplyDelete