Thank you for your sweet comments and texts yesterday, the packing is going better than expected and I found myself with some time to blog this morning so we will be picking back up where we left off, on our San Antonio roadtrip.
Otherwise known as the perfect photo op for a photo loving mom like myself. I will have to be honest, the river walk was mine and Wes's least favorite part of the trip. The river walk is not super stroller friendly, it is stinky and it was Valentine's day weekend meaning that the crowds for everything were outrageous. We started off at the empty end of the river walk, made it to the crowded part and escaped to find the Alamo, water fountains and then back to our car.
Look at that twirl :).
My favorite, recent picture of Emma. This color is just too good to be true on her!!
These girls were elated to be out of the car and doing what they do best, running and romping around- exploring everything!
My two little adventurers.
We found a little area that they could hop up in which called for an impromptu ballet lesson :).
Skipping with both feet off the ground :).
'See my dress can do this, mom!'.
My two girls.
The difficult part was managing them through all of the crowds, they were literally hopping, skipping, climbing and jumping on everything they could find. At the end of the day, I believe that kids just want to be kids. I try to foster their adventurous spirit and just let them be little. I am already beginning to realize that these girls of mine are growing up much too quickly. So, yes, I let them climb and jump and sometimes even run around like hooligans to their hearts content.
The river walk walk was really beautiful this particular Saturday.
We made it to the Alamo and the girls did not get it at all. They were pretty much like why did you bring me to this building. We tried to explain it, but I am pretty sure we will have to try it again in a few years ;).
Family shot!
We knew that the girls would love the fountains behind the Hilton and true to form, they were obsessed!
These sweet ladies gave them a coin to toss in (Wes and I didn't have any change on us), and they were elated to make their wishes! No surprise here, Everly wished for a pink monkey (I am really going to have to work on getting her one of those!).
They had one coin left and I told them that they needed to hold hands and make the same wish and it would come true.
They spent a few minutes negotiating what they were going to wish for...
and finally decided on wishing to sleep in a ho-tale (how Ev's pronounces hotel).
Done and done sweet girls- good thing, we already had a hotel room booked that night.
Holding hands and giving hugs and kisses is at the top of my list of favorite things my girls do together :).
One final picture to show my dad the tiles that they had- looks like the same concept you went with Papa George!
We headed to check into our hotel room, ate dinner at Jason's Deli where we made the best milkshakes with Emma's chocolate milk and their ice cream and headed back to the hotel room to just hang out for the evening.






















Cute post! I love Emma's blue dress and sandals! Perfect outfit!
ReplyDeleteI bet Emma's dress really brings out her blue eyes. I loved Everly's dress at the Shake Shack. You have the best dressed children - so cute!
ReplyDelete