And just like that, we are officially moved out of our house. It was a bittersweet moment to see all of our stuff drive away, out of our driveway and down the hill. It is crazy to think that we won't see those things for two years, but on that note, they are just things. The three most important people are coming to China with me (sidenote, I continue to be amazed when people ask me if I am taking my family to China- don't they know I wouldn't go anywhere without those munchkins and my hubby!!) and that is what truly matters.
You might be wondering what it is like to live in a hotel with two toddlers; in one word, challenging. Our sleep for the first two nights was terrible. Last night was better and I hope tonight continues the upward trend. Other than that, we have been managing the move, managing a team of people to get our house rental ready, working on and off and enjoying the upside of hotel like- pushing all of the elevator buttons and Shirley temples every night!
And an indoor pool!
I will come back and share more details as to what we did to get our house rental ready and can give you a breakdown of the costs if you are interested, but needless to say I have fallen in love with our house all over again! And we have our first showing tomorrow!!
We are just so excited and can't believe that our adventure is about to begin :).





No comments:
Post a Comment