Thursday, March 31, 2016

February Little Things | Part Two

My blog will skip around a little bit between China and finishing posts up from our time in the US, so for today, we are back in the US to finish up all of the little things we have done in February.  If you missed part one, you can check it out here.

We left off on February 15th with the girls opening their Valentines from Nonni and Papa George.  The following day, Emma turned 4! and we spent the day celebrating our baby girl.


On Friday we had a double dose of well visits for both girls (Emma's 4 year old appointment and Everly 2.5 year old appointment).  Emma went first and she could see that Everly was hesitating when it was her turn, so Emma turned to her and said, 'I will hold your hand so you will be brave.'. Queue my heart bursting with love for these little ones of mine :).  We survived, even Emma's vaccines (where she needed all of us to help her be brave ;)).


More Alice and Ames dresses arrived for the girls that day and so the next day we headed to the park and I attempted to get a few pictures of the girls.


I quickly gave up and we headed to the park to do what they do best, just play!


I love her twirly dress paired with converse- I think it is the perfect balance of girly girl meets tomboy.


After we were done playing, we dropped by Nonni's for a 'baprise' visit and for our weekend helping of ice cream ;).


And some impromptu peek-a-boo :).


Later that evening, my in-laws kept the girls and Wes and I headed to our favorite date night spot, Cantina Laredo.  We were sad to see that they took our favorite flatbreads off of the menu, but it let us discover new-to-us now favorites like the sliders :).


We adore their crab cakes too!


Love this sweet guy of mine :).  We thought that this would be our last US date night, but since we were delayed we actually snuck in one more in March :).


I am not sure what we did Sunday morning after Mass, but on Sunday evening we headed over to Nonni's house for a visit after naps :).


Where Emma was being sugary sweet and doling out lots of hugs and kisses.


That night at home, Emma and daddy worked on their coloring skills together ;).


We must have had a pretty uneventful week, because the only picture I have from that week is this one that Wes texted me while I was at work.  This girl loves dressing up and can walk in heels better than me :).


On Friday, instead of heading to our Church's fish fry, we decided to hit up Razoo's (we always try to go there at least once during Lent) and it was delicious as usual :).


And this girl was too cool for school in daddy's sunglasses :).


On Sunday morning, the girls and I were by ourselves (Wes was getting in his last golf game) and so we had an impromptu picnic to eat our snacks before church.



I thought it would be fun to take a few pictures of ourselves :).


But, alas, Emma did not ;).


We turned our picture taking moods around - three happy girls :).


A little later that morning, Austin and Craig brought Theo and Helena over so that her and Craig could go on a lunch date.  I was certain I could handle four kiddos, four and under.  And I did, I just had to get creative :). Ev's fed Theo his snack while he was in the laundry basket...


... while Emma fed Helena her bottle.


All four cousins :).


Emma is getting a little more brave with Helena and really really really wanted to hold her while she was standing up.  Luckily, no babies were harmed (or dropped) in the making of this picture :).


We loaded Theo up with some of our favorite stuffed animals to pick and choose from :).


Overall, I think Aust and Craig were only gone for an hour or an hour and a half, but those 60 - 90 minutes were pure chaos (the best kind of chaos!) with our favorite cousins.  That afternoon, we took naps and then headed to our Church's 40th Anniversary Party (a separate post to come!).

3 comments:

  1. Love your black and white dress Lauren! Also love Theo's hand on Helena's leg in the cousin pic on the couch. Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the B&W picture of the girls at the doctor's office and your gold knot necklace!
    Sweet sweet cousins. They are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were really brave watching all 4 of them. Can't say I am ready for that yet! I love the pic of all four of them.

    ReplyDelete