How are we already in July and half of the year is gone? In a blink of an eye. I feel like we were just celebrating New Year's yesterday. And I am about to have a 2 year old. Crazytown, right??!!? Anyways, I digress- in some ways June felt like the longest month ever (because I was gone for 20 days of the month) and in some ways June feels like the quickest month ever (because I was only here for 10 days of the month). Most of these pictures are from Wes's iPhone that he took for me while I was gone- so sit back, grab your cup of coffee (or your lunch depending on what time this is posted ;)) and enjoy! I won't even pretend that I know exactly what happened, I will just write this from my perspective.
The first night I was gone, I found these sweet pictures on PhotoStream- looks like they had macaroni and cheese for dinner and were pretty pleased with this decision.
Midway through dinner, Emma must have switched seats :).
And Ev's was probably happy that she didnt have to be contained in her booster seat this night. What is it with toddler's fighting their highchairs?
This was actually a pretty big thing and I am kind of sad that I wasn't there to witness, but Wes cut Emma's hair for the first time! Remember me telling you that she has the kinkiest rat's nest hair. Well, he couldn't get one of the tangles out, so haircut it was! Looks like about 10 inches!
Everly loves her daddy! Finding these types of pictures waiting for me would just warm my heart.
Wes loaded up both girls in the double stroller and took them to the museum.
It looks like they had the place to themselves!
Em's and Ev's basket filling style still cracks me up- still resembles both of their personalities perfectly :).
They went outside and had a ball with the Styrofoam building blocks.
Evsie's calls this her slide :).
Making the letter E!!! with lights :).
And, of course, they ended with the Dino Dig- I believe this is Emma's favorite part of the museum!
Love to see my girls in the bath :).
Wes found our annual duck eggs that had been laid. No lie, just this weekend we saw the mommy duck with six little ducklings. Pretty amazing that they all hatched and seemed to be doing well :).
Late in the first week, once all of the rain had passed, Wes and the girls really began to hit up the pool. they went 2 - 3 times a day for the next couple of weeks.
The second Saturday I was gone, Wes and the girls headed out to what was supposed to be the largest water slide. Unfortunately, it was not working, but I think the blue sno cones made up for the lack of the water slide action.
It even looks like Evsie's had a couple of good naps on a couple of different couches- I am going to guess the first picture is from her nap in the afternoon and in the second picture she fell asleep on the couch at night before heading up to bed.
Froggy legs for life!
The next day, Bobbob had them all over for pizza and Ev's scarfed up some watermelon :) and I am assuming pizza :).
Love seeing picture of this girl with her big, toothy smile.
The next week, they did more of the same. they went back to the museum.
Practiced their swimming.
Took the sweetest naps.
Swung in the swings :).
And swam and swam and swam. Wes said they would get in and out of the pool 2 - 3 times a day.
This is the week that Emma really made leaps and bounds in her swimming 'progress'. Before this week, she loved to go out to the pool, but she never really went swimming. She would just play on the steps and the 'top' pool. However, this week her brothers convinced her it would be fun to go swimming and she hasn't looked back yet. As her momma and knowing how disastrous swim lessons were last summer, nothing makes me happier than to look over and see her jump in the pool by herself and swim to the other side.
I was happy to see that Wes continued to follow my tried and true goodnight return with Ev's. I think this was my favorite picture the entire time I was gone :).
Eberleah is just like her mommy in the morning, she is slow to wake up. She likes to grab all the things from her crib and lay down for awhile with her breakfast and chill out (and her morning goes much better if big sister Emma is not yet awake). On this particular morning, I remember having a FaceTime call with her and she was particularly grouchy. When we got off the phone, I saw this picture on Photostream and thought it captured my girl perfectly.
Later that morning, Wes and the girls headed to the zoo to go to the splash park. When they arrived, the line to get in was already at an hour and a half. To kill some time, they walked around the zoo and Wes said that the animals were very active.
And the girls were in their bathing suits!
Emmy Lou was able to pet her beloved snakes. They walked back to the splash park and it was still 1.5 hour wait. When I heard about this, it broke my heart a little. That morning when Wes told her that they were going to the splash park, she kept walking around that morning saying 'I am the luckiest girl in the world.'. Wes told her they could wait to go in the splash park or leave and go get snocones. She chose the snocone route.
It looks like she handled it well and it didnt break her heart. Love this girl and that she will tolerate and sometimes even love wearing bows now.
On the day they picked me up at the airport, it looks like Wes kept them busy with swimming and naps on the couch.
Poor Ev's couldn't even finish her sandwich before falling asleep!
And just like that (ok, nobody would agree that it was just like that), I was home and snuggling my baby girls every chance I get. I am pretty sure I smothered them with way too many kisses.
That next Monday, Emma started zoo school. The first day, we both picked her up and headed to the splash park; but on the other days if they got there early, Wes and Ev's would walk through the zoo for a bit to look around.
Double naps (bonus, one in an Elsa dress) for the win for Wes one afternoon.
The girls picked up their presents from my parents while we were there (Czech dolls that look like them and this snail xylophone for them to share).
Emma checked out Papa George's new to him blue Vespa and 'helped' him wax the chrome.
This might be one of my favorite pictures of Emma and Papa George- can't wait until she can go on a ride with him one day.
And to wrap up a June, here is a little peak of Emma's big girl room. These wall sconces finally came back and stock and I knew I would be kicking myself if they sold out, so I ordered immediately and am so so so excited about them! I have wanted these for over a year now, maybe two?, and was so thrilled to finally purchase them. I will keep you updated when they come in if they are as awesome as they look!
I also bought Emma some new sheets for her bed. Even though this is a 'big girl' room, I read a quote that every room needs a bit of whimsy and I could not have agreed more with this statement. So what did I go with? Bright pink 'Mingo sheets for my animal loving girl :).
The sconces should come in this month, so hopefully I can give you a full room reveal this month or next month! July has been and will be a big month with an eventful July 4th weekend, Ally's wedding and we get to see our favorite out of town aunt this month!!















































I love Emma's sheets and Everly's frog legs. Super cute!!
ReplyDelete