Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Duck Hunt

On July 3rd morning, we were getting ready to run errands for the day so after I got the girls dressed (Emma insisted on wearing the dress my mom got Ev's for her birthday!), we headed outside because surprise of all surprises, Emma wanted me to take her picture! I never say no to that request, so outside we went.  She likes to sit in Nonni's chair that is on our chair making for some funny backgrounds sometimes, but hey, I will take what I can get.


We were goofing off and making silly faces (maybe even trying to capture a new picture for So Much to Say??),


when I got this one that I like quite a bit :).


Evsie's wanted a turn next (you saw this picture in her monthly post) and gaaahhh, I just love her big toothy smile!


Waving hi! to mommy or doing her morning exercises - I will let you decide :).


She was obsessed with this purple flower and I was equally obsessed with her outfit ;).


After about 10 minutes of picture taking, they asked if we could go on a duck hunt, similar to the rabbit hunt that we did awhile ago. The night before we had seen the mama duck with her six baby ducks in our backyard and Emma really really wanted to find them again. Ev's really just wanted to say 'duckies' over and over and over again ;).


Even though we were all ready to start the day, I am never ever going to turn down an opportunity to watch my girls walk hand in hand down the street (my FAVORITE) looking for animals.


Our hunts are typically just a few laps up and down our cul-de-sac looking for the said animals, but mostly finding bugs and mom snapping pictures like a crazy person.



Pointing out 'duckies'.


Favorite picture from the hunt :).


I have three sisters so I am well aware that there will be squabbles and these two will not always see eye to eye, but every night before I go to bed no matter how good or how bad the day was I pray that they always recognize how blessed they are to have each other and that one day they will truly call each other best friends.


In moments like these, I see glimpses of my prayers being answered.


I feel beyond blessed to call them mine :).

1 comment:

  1. c'mon just give them one more sister!!!!!!
    jk
    The first three pictures of Emma are great!!

    ReplyDelete