Thursday, June 13, 2013

Baby Girl #2: 34 Weeks


How Far Along: 34 weeks :)  I keep imagining that I am a week ahead in my mind, so when I realized I was only 34 weeks and not 35 weeks pregnant today, I was a little bummed. 

How Big is Baby: the size of a pineapple (19 to 22 inches, 4.9 pounds).  Let’s be honest, there is no way my baby is going to come out at 22 inches.  Emma was 19.5 inches and I imagine the same will happen with this baby. 

Sleep: For the most part, I am still sleeping really well- waking up 3 – 4 times a night to go to the restroom, but I am not extremely uncomfortable.  However, last night Emma decided it would be awesome to wake up screaming at midnight and then thrash around in our bed until we all finally got up at 6.  We are all three exhausted today, to say the least. 

Diet/Cravings/Aversions:  ice cream and fruit.  My new favorite ice cream is the M&M cones sold at Aldi.  There is something about the crunchy, frozen chocolate mixed with the ice cream that I love.  I also made puppy chow this week- yummy!  As far as fruit goes- I will eat most anything, but have been loving strawberries and blueberries this week. 

Symptoms: nothing new this week- I can just tell my body is slowing down.  

Movement: Yep- this little munchkin moves all of the time.  It is so fun to just watch her move all around (it is very evident from the outside). 

What I am worrying about: it is not so much of a worry as much as it is an annoyance- I am sick of the comments that people will make when you are pregnant.  Someone asked me if I was sure there wasn’t two in there this week.  Yep, I am sure.  I probably would have told you if there were.  Someone asked me why I was still working and they were sure that I didn’t have six weeks to go.  Yes, I sure do.  I don’t know what gives people the idea that they can talk to pregnant ladies like that.  Then, this morning I had a redeeming moment- I ran into someone that I hadn't seen in a long time and she didn't know I was expecting until she saw me.  When I told her yep, I had six weeks to go- she told me that I was so tiny.  I nearly had tears in my eyes- finally someone not telling me how huge my belly is!  And she just had a baby in February so she knows how big bellies can get.  I know I shouldn't be so sensitive about this- but it is super depressing for someone to ask you if you are having twins- I mean, really?!?!

What I am loving: that I am only six weeks (or under) away from meeting our baby girl.  I just can’t wait to snuggle her, kiss her, nurse her- and I am dying to know what she looks like.  We have the name choices narrowed down to two- I am equally happy with both of the names.  We are leaning in one direction, but I can’t wait to meet her so we will know for sure! 

What I am looking forward too:  the weekend- Starbucks is getting groomed, we are pre-registering at the hospital (and hopefully getting a DQ ice cream cone afterwards- the only one in our city is by the hospital), going to finish hanging up the frames in the living room, concert at the Levitt, Bobbob’s 80th birthday party and celebrating the dads in my life- it is sure to be a good weekend!

Best Moment of the week:  hearing Emma say “bye bye mama” when I picked up my backpack for work one morning- melted my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment