Thursday, December 27, 2012

Unwrapped

Emma unwrapped a very special present on Christmas Eve (with Wes's family) and then again on Christmas morning (with my family).

Here is the front of the onesie (extra special because it was the one I made for Emma at her baby shower (i.e. when she was still in my belly!)).


And more importantly, here is the message on the back!


We were super excited to tell everyone that Emma is going to be a big sister!  Baby Mitchell #2 is due July 25th!  I could not feel more blessed or excited that I get to experience this miracle all over again!

Now here are the reactions- they are priceless :).

First off, Wes's family Christmas.  It is a bit chaotic because all of the kids open their presents at one time on the floor.  We had wrapped the present to Emma from mom and dad but we needed Emma's grandma to help her unwrap this.  Let's just say Emma opening presents is SLOW.  I am sure I will look back on the difference next year and be amazed.  But finally, here is the reaction when Wes revealed the onesie.


Aren't his mom and sister so cute!  There were gasps from all of the girls in the room!  Everyone had a great reaction :).  

We got home late and Wes re-wrapped the present so we would be ready to go the next morning.  My mom hands me the present since again it says to Emma, from mom and dad.  But I quickly tell them, we already know what's in the present- why doesn't Ally help her open it up.  Again, the process is SLOW- but Wes, is ready with the camera.  Here is Ally reading the onesie.


And their reaction, once they realize what it means :).


Again, everyone was so excited!! But the best reaction by far, had to be Emma's great grandpa who we affectionately refer to as Bobbob- its just too bad that we did not have the camera rolling.  He came over to grab the girls because they were going to go visit grandma.  We told him that Emma had a special Christmas present for everyone.  Wes held up the front of the onesie that read Emma, then he turned it to the backside and Bobbob read it out loud.  I am going to be a big SISTER.  Then, the look on his face was priceless.  You could see the wheels turning in his head when he figured out what it means!

We were so excited to finally share the news with everyone!  I am so happy we don't have to keep it between us anymore.  I am also so happy that I don't have to ask Wes every time we leave the house to see one of our families, "does this make me look pregnant".

What a blessed Christmas :).

No comments:

Post a Comment