Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Night Without Swaddling

Was a whole lot easier than I imagined.

Last night I was talking to my mom right before Emma's bedtime.  She asked me if we were still swaddling Emma before night time.  I said heck, yes.  I am not ready to give up on that thing.

After that phone call, I mentioned it to Wes and said that we should probably give up the swaddle, but I just wasn't ready to rip the band-aid off.  He whipped out his iPhone and showed me the statistics that most babies are done being swaddled by the age of 2 months.

2 months!!! My daughter is just days away from six months and every night I wrap her in her sleep sack and then swaddle her tight in her blanket (both arms out, of course) and am deathly afraid that if I don't follow this exact routine she wont sleep.

I don't know what made me brave, but we decided to go for it cold turkey.  No sleep sack.  No swaddle.

We just put her in her footie pajamas, I nursed her and she went to sleep.  She tried to fight me a little, but I just held her little feet together while nursing her.

She woke up at 1:30 to feed.  Then back to sleep.  No swaddle or anything.

I couldn't believe it.

I really do think we hit the baby jackpot.  

And what is cuter than waking up to your daughter in footie pajamas??


Absolutely nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment