When Snowflake dropped off the gingerbread houses, the girls couldn't wait to get down to business (we tried unsuccessfully to get them to wait until after we finished our first cup of morning coffee) and as soon as we finally said go, they were off!
One of these years, I will get my act together and make the houses the night before so they are all glued together and ready to go. But for now, I will let Wes take over the building process ;).
No surprise here, Emma organized all of her candy on plates while Ev's placed hers haphazardly together more interested in sneaking bites of icing :).
Finished products :). Love this sweet tradition!
The night before we left for Auckland (our flight was at a painful 2am in the morning), Everly reminded us that Snowflake hadn't brought their pajamas which in our family comes with a major prize - the one chance to get to hold Snowflake during the Christmas season. I remembered that I had picked them up some extra Hanna Anderson jammies last Christmas so we got them out and when the girls were done with their bathes they came down to this surprise! Snowflake is so timely ;).
I will let these pictures speak for themselves, but you can see the pure joy and magic that Snowflake brings to our family year after year. The girls love her and talk about her all the time!
Emma wanted to take her skirt off!
Evsie's reaction was the best!!
My girls :).
And just like that, hugs goodbye. Emma literally cried on the way to the airport because she knew she would have to wait until next year to see Snowflake again :(.
Snowflake, you are such a special bonus member of our family.




























No comments:
Post a Comment