Monday, November 5, 2018

October Little Things

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that it is already November. I feel like I blinked and October went by. We had a great weekend in the mountains followed by a super fun Halloween, but before we get to all of that, here is a look at what we were up to in October :). 

Every October, we don't have our car for the 1st 7 days so we are always trying to find fun things to do around the house. Since we had just gone to Mt Qingcheng the weekend before, the rest was sooo good for us. 

We had game night!



We went on walks.


We headed to our favorite playground (we can ride our scooters there).


For the record, six has been my favorite age - it is just so fun!


And had fun with friends!


We had a hilarious experience getting dumplings - my scooter battery died and Wes had to push me home! But the dumplings were worth it ;).


We took the girls to the indoor swimming pool!


And that was a wrap on our week with no car.


The following Friday night we decided to go out to dinner (we never do this! and we soon realized why - it was 7:30 before we got there - so much traffic!). But they had a nice set up that kept the girls entertained :).


I loved this selfie I found that they took of themselves on my phone.


Saturday morning, dressed and ready to go to gymnastics.


Both girls did gymnastics.



And then we let the girls make pottery (and somehow joined their pottery club so there will be more pottery to come!).


The ladies there are so sweet - always helping the girls!





This weekend we will go back to paint - can't wait to show you the final product!


Sunday morning, we got up and got ready to go!


We had a fun unicorn birthday party to attend!! Emma's two besties have birthdays that are just days apart and they had a joint party.


Emma was off playing the entire time, but this girl came by to show me her unicorn attire!


Part of the chaos!


We got this sweet picture from Everly's art teacher - self portraits are my favorite thing ever!


The girls spent one night building towers as high as they could.


We survived/thrived during our first sleepover. Funny story - I ordered a Hawaiian pizza, no pineapple and got a pineapple pizza instead.


The next morning, we fed the fish, went to Emma's gymnastics class and did a craft before taking the girls home.




Once we got to their apartment, we stayed and played and had dinner together - I am just adoring this season of life spent with friends.



The night before, we were lamenting about the lack of sunshine and we were rewarded with the most gloriously sunny Sunday. We spent the entire morning outside.



Before heading to lunch outside - she was also excited about the sunshine.



Emma was trying out a new hair do - she has been really into "fashion" lately and I think I am going to be in for it during her teenage years.


Two sweeties (and, yes, back at Iron Pig).


That blue sky was good for our spirits.


And then we met tons of friends at the trampoline park (about once a month, a big group gets together there) - the kiddos love it, the parents love it and it is always a good afternoon!




One of our friends got a dog (right after Emma's best friend got a cat) and it has made for some really sad days for our pet-less Emma that were made a little bit better by a visit to see their dog. Emma really wants a pet - it is a daily conversation/begging situation going on over here. I thought we had settled on a hamster, but now she is lobbying for a dog pretty strongly.


And that was almost a wrap on October.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with Emma! Maybe you can get a dog when you get back to the states. Great post!

    ReplyDelete