Monday, July 9, 2018

Paris, Part Two

Musee de l'Orangerie. When picking a museum, I wanted to pick wisely. I believe that small kids can do most activities on a trip (that share an interest with the parents), but I also think you need to choose wisely. I wanted a small museum with something I was interested in (I knew the girls could care less) - so automatically the Louvre was out ;). I had always wanted to see Monet's Lilies so off we went. It was fantastic! For adults and kids!  It is small enough to cover in about an hour and you still get to see some fantastic art work. 









We also loved the abstract section on the bottom floor :).




When we finished we went out right by these fountains so we went to have a look (I have no clue what the name is, but they were nice).



Palais de Royal.  I had heard this was a great place for kids to burn some energy and it did not disappoint. I was drawn to the color palate and the girls were drawn to the abundance of space to freely roam. They twirled, they played hide and seek and they even imitated a maternity photo shoot that was also taking place ;). 
















Eiffel Tower, at night. After the Palais de Royal - we headed back to our hotel to take naps so we could stay up to watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle at night! p.s. I don't think I have told you this, it doesn't get dark until way after 10pm in Paris or London. It was a striking difference from Australia (the sun set there at 5pm every day) and fun to roam around at night, long past the girls normal bedtimes. We got there while it was still light - played on the playground, walked to Chipotle, rode the carrousel (again and again and again) and then walked back in time to see the first sparkle at 10pm. The girls were once again overwhelmed with their love for each other and put on the cutest slow dance performance for all of the patrons to see (I didn't get a picture, but I will make sure to put a clip in the video that Wes is putting together).















Breakfast at Le Peleton Cafe. This was my favorite breakfast. Three out of four of us are huge waffle lovers so when we saw this place, we knew we had to stop - excellent coffee and waffles.



Notre Dame. We loved going inside Notre Dame and taking it all in - the stained glass was my favorite. We happened to be there on Sunday during Mass and it was special to get to witness.










Jardin de Luxembourg. We couldn't stay away. On Sunday afternoon we headed back for more fun - the girls loved it and we loved that they got to burn off lots and lots of energy.



As we were leaving, we decided to let the girls sail a boat at the main pond in Jardin de Luxembourg. It was part adorable and part disastrous - Emma ended up falling and scraping her knee pretty badly.


How we felt about our boat continuously getting hung up with another boat.



Our boat - Spain.









Arc de Triumph. We headed to the Arc de Triumph as our last sight seeing place in Paris! It was stunning, but I am not going to lie - at this point we were exhausted :).



We had a blast in Paris, but we were definitely excited for the coming days - we spent three days at Disneyland Paris!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are a fantastic trip planner and it looks like ya'll had so much fun. I'm guessing that even French people were taking photos of your girls since they are so cute and adorable - the Eiffel Tower at night sounded magical. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your sweet girls in Paris. Full circle.
    I also adore Everly's sweet haircut!

    ReplyDelete