The girls were most excited about two things regarding Paris - Disney and the Eiffel Tower! We were so excited to take them there!! We rode the metro over there from Jardin de Tuileries - we were not planning on going to the top, we thought the girls would like to ride the carousel and just "look" at it more than actually wait in a long line...
While the base of it was cool to see, there was a lot of construction and the lighting was harsh. I was looking for that green grass that I had seen in pictures...
It took awhile, but we finally found the carousel!!
And then we found the spot I was looking for!! Turns out it is called Trucadoro (sp? it even has its own dedicated metro stop). The girls were delirious with excitement (and possibly sleepiness) - it resulted in some fantastic pictures with lots and lots of love. We adore traveling with them at this age - it is not always easy, but it has resulted in some pretty awesome memories. This night was perfect - the weather was breezy, the girls were laced with excitement and we were all feeling extra lovey dovey towards each other :).
We also happened to find another awesome playground! I was telling Wes when I was in Paris about 13 or 14 years ago, I never even thought to look for a playground and this time I found myself at 4 different playgrounds over the course of 4 days - my, how life changes! for the better!!
It was a magical evening :).
























What a sweet memory for all of you! I don't remember seeing any playgrounds either!
ReplyDelete