Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Love Letter to Everly | Three Years


... I love the way you turn to me at night before bed and whisper 'I love you mama'
... I love love love your personality, I know I talk about this all of the time but the best way to describe it as perfectly sweet
... I love how affectionate you are with me and daddy - you are always up for kisses, hugs and snuggles!
... I love the way you indulge your sister playing all of her made up games/scenarios - you often find yourself in the role of a chipmunk, teacher or baby and you love it (most of the time ;))
... I love the way you love your grandparents (especially your papa George - you talk about him all the time :))
... I love the way you make me feel when you grab me tight around the neck for a hug
... I love the way you rocked your first year of preschool - you were obsessed with Ms. Debi and you still think you are going back to her school
... I love the way your big brown eyes sparkle when you get excited
... I love your expressive demeanor when you are very passionate about a certain topic/story you are telling
... I love that you have all your teeth (no more teething!) and that you are potty trained (you get to go to school in China!!)
... I love the way you have rocked our move to China - you are easily adaptable, happy go lucky and you have taken everything in stride
... I love that you talk about things forever (like you can't let things go - this is just like your mama!)
... I love your thick, brown, slightly wavy hair - you definitely hit the hair jackpot
... I love that you are the first to share your things - you don't mind sharing even when it is something you really like with Emma or with anyone that asks
... I love your smooshy cheeks and the fact that I get to kiss those cheeks 100 times a day
... I love the way you miss our 'old home', you are very sentimental by nature
... I love the way you pout - you cross your arms while simultaneously saying 'hrrmph' and sticking out your lip (it is ridiculously adorable and makes me giggle inside)
... I love the way you always insist on carrying a lovie wherever you go and that you are not particular to any certain one (although you do have a few favorites - cata-pail-or, 'lollie and zebra come to mind)
... I love (and try to embrace) your slow way of doing things - you really observe the world around you, taking it all in and there is a lot I can learn by slowing down to your pace
... I love that you ride in the stroller without a fight
... I love that you will randomly grab for Emma's hand to hold or reach for a hug or a kiss - the way your relationship is developing makes me extremely happy
... I love the way you scrunch your nose when you belly laugh - there is nothing better than your giggles!!
... I love watching you run - you always swing your arms wildly running as fast as you possibly can (which let's be honest is not that fast ;))
... I love the look on your face when the 'bigger girls' include you in their activities (you just love to play and be one of the gang!)
...I love that you are always insist on walking me out to the car each morning for one last hug and kiss before I leave for work
... I love to watch your confidence build while you are in the water- you have always loved swimming!!!
... I love the way you say Emma when you are upset with her- it is long and drawn out and very intense - and your mad, sad Emma expressions are spot on
... I love that you say 'me' instead of 'I' and 'ca-cause' instead of 'because'- I never correct you because I think it is so gosh darn cute (and I may or may not ask you 'why?' questions just to hear you say ca-cause one more time)
... I love that when I have you alone you talk literally non-stop, like you never even take a breath you are talking so much
... I love all of the sweet nicknames we have for you - my tops being Ev's, Evsie's and Everly Gracie
... I love that you are mine and I get to love you forever

We love you so much baby girl - happy 3rd birthday!
xoxo, Mommy

p.s. I promise to get a better picture of the two of us ;)

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post - I'd love to see a video of her running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a sweet, gentle girl. We love her so much!! Happy Birthday Everly!
    P.S. we might need to see a picture of her pout. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete