If you can remember, way back here, on February 14th we celebrated Emma with a worm bash. Her actual birthday is on February 16th and, of course, I wanted to make that day special as well for her. We typically have done pink or purple pancakes in the shape of the age that the girl's are turning. However, the girls don't seem to really like pancakes, as evidenced by the girls taking just a few bites and passing on the rest. So this year, I decided to make something I knew the girls would love and was still able to do it in a number format: cinnamon rolls! I made them before Emma woke up, and much to my dismay- she just wanted 'a regular one, not a letter one', with way more than three candles!
Not going to lie, I was pretty proud of myself for this idea. I do think this will be our new tradition. Next time, I will remember to get out our special day plate :).
Ev's participated in the number pancake eating! I don't have too many pictures of Emma to post from this experience because she was just in her 'panchies' and t-shirt- but imagine that we lit the candles and sang happy birthday a few times and she blew out her candles on numerous occasions.
Afterwards, we let her go upstairs to see her 'surprise' and the look on her face when she ran in the room was priceless.
She just kept saying 'see I told you, I wanted pink balloons, mom. Tank you. Tank you.'. She was so busy playing with the balloons, she didn't even open her present from us.
We got ready for the day and this is the look I got when I told her I wanted a picture with my birthday girl!
And then she told me she would give me kisses for her birthday, which was more than ok with me ;).
We headed to Chick-Fil-A so Wes and I could grab a free ice coffee and let the girls play around for a bit before heading to the trampoline park to meet Austin.
All day, I just kept thinking, I cant believe she is three! and mine!!
I know this day was all about Emma, but I love the way Ev's belly is popping in this shirt!
Then, it was time for the main event of the day, toddler time at the trampoline park!!!
Austin and Seodore met us there so
We had our own little trampoline all to ourselves for a little while.
There is nothing that makes me happier then seeing my two girls play with each other/next to each other.
Then, I showed off my skilz. Impressive, no?
Then, the girls discovered the trampoline slides and it was love at first slide.
This girl was so happy the entire time :).
As was the birthday girl!
But, just look at Everly- pure joy on her face!
How did she get to be three?
We worked our way over to the foam pit. Man, if you want a good workout try treking through the foam put a couple of times. Aust went first with both the girls and I followed afterwards. This is my favorite picture of Emma all day :).
Then, Ev's found her some bouncy balls.
And, Emma decided it was time to open her present from Austin, Craig and most importantly, baby Seodore.
Discovering what was inside.
A necklace all to herself!
And probably her favorite part- the two 'cranola' bars Aust stuck inside. She gobbled both of them right up!
While sister was distracted, Ev's gave the necklace a test drive ;).
And then Emma got to hold baby Theodore! She just adores this little guy!!
Showing her best cheese face to Austin :).
After our snack, we headed back out to the trampoline park to get a few more jumps slides in before leaving.
Are you asking yourself, what is Eberleah occupied with? Emma's 'brand new necklace' of course!
Oh, Theodore, we were all so happy you could come help us celebrate!
Before calling it quits, Wes chased the girls a few more times.
As we were leaving the trampoline park, Emma insisted on helping Aust push Theo out to his car.
Before heading home, we had to make an emergency trip to Target for some diapers and we let Emma pick out a birthday treat- lollipops were her choice!
After lots of snuggles, the girls and I went down for a triple nap!
After naps, we got all dressed for dinner: new dress from Nonni and new necklace from Austin made the birthday girl look extra adorable.
Girly can put away her fair share of charro beans :).
While Ev's discovered a new love: queso!
Emma was pretty happy once she discovered we ordered her birthday ice cream with lots of cherries- all day she had been telling me she wanted two cherries!
The three girls :).
We practiced making the number three with our fingers.
And then much to her joy, and Eberleah's dismay, we let her lick the bowl clean.
Which she was pleased as punch about. And I think it made her whole birthday.
We headed home and let Em's watch some of her beloved Peppa Pig and start to wind down from her birthday- when we got a quick visit from Nonni!
After a few kisses, the birthday girl wound down and went to bed! Happy 3rd Birthday Emma! We love you and hope you had the very best day :).

















































No comments:
Post a Comment