This morning Emma finished her morning breakfast around 7:45. I checked her diaper and was disappointed. I called the doctor's office. Wes told me she was ok, I knew (deep down) that she was ok, but I needed doctor confirmation that she was ok. I call and I get the answering service- I tell them the situation, Emma has not had a bowel movement since Sunday. She says yikes, call back when they open up at 8:45. While waiting, I try pleading with Emma. It doesn't work. I call back at 8:50- I waited so I didn't seem over eager about my daughters bathroom problems. Leave a message, the nurse will call me back. More pleading with Emma- that girl does not listen. The nurse calls me back. I tell her the same story. She tells me to feed Emma lots of milk today. I tell her the problem is Emma spits up all my milk. She looks at Emma's stats and decides she is pretty little after all, can I bring her in at 9:45- I say no problem, I will be there. A few minutes later, Wes is playing with emma and he hears a loud noise down there- he checks her diaper, SUCCESS!!!!! Wes hands Emma to me and says "here you have been waiting for this". I happily take her and smil from ear to ear. I couldn't have been happier. I kiss Emma all over and tell her how proud I am of her.
I get to call the doctor back and say- false alarm. They think I am a lunatic, but that is ok bc now I have a daughter whose bowels are working properly!
She showed me again that her body is indeed functioning correctly.
I loved that girl.
I feel like you and I have similar humor lol. thank god for poop!
ReplyDelete