I feel like I would be remiss to start off the November Little Things post without first, properly introducing you to the newest member of our family - Zoom Zoom Heart. I am not sure if you remember or if I blogged about it but when we were still living in China we promised that when we moved back, Emma could get a hamster. Many of her friends got pets - her bestie got a cat and another friend got a puppy within a few weeks of each other and our girl was sad sad sad. I grew up with a hamster and felt like it was manageable so a hamster it was.
When we got back, life was crazy and we didn't have a permanent home but Emma kept asking for a hamster. We told her after the re-model was finished we would get the hamster. Well the remodel took longer than anticipated and our girl just kept asking and asking. We knew that we were headed to New York after the remodel finished so we waited a couple more weeks. Wes found some cages on Craigslist, we picked them up and the anticipation started growing.
Finally, on November 2nd the girls I went to pick out Emma's hamster.
She was delighted to say the least. She practically floated through the parking lot.
The nicest sales lady helped us.
I was surprised at just how fast Emma picked out her hamster.
Evsie's decided she wanted one too. Which we later returned - thankful for their two week return policy.
Emma was smitten right from the get go.
Her hamster didn't have a name for the first couple of hours, but we learned quickly that she was a fast little hamster.
Everly's Zippity (named after my hamster :)).
To be honest, our first weekend with Zoom Zoom Heart was not very smooth. She escaped from our hands at least three times that I can remember. Emma and I chased her around the house trying to get her panicking for our lives. She ran under the couch and most famously under the washer and dryer.
I was really second guessing whether we were ready for this.
We called Nonni and invited her over so we could show her off!
She acclimated to her cage quite nicely.
And Emma fell in love. If you know Emma then you know two things about her - she loves hard and she loves animals. This has really been good for her. She cleans her cage each Saturday, plays with her everyday and brings Emma immense joy. She even took a road trip with us.















No comments:
Post a Comment