My heart is overflowing with love right now (even one week later as I sit down to write this ;), this blog is not/has not/will not be known for its timeliness :)) - I had the very best mother's day weekend. It was jam packed with so many fun things!
On Friday afternoon, I got a text from one of our friends and she offered to keep the girls on Friday night so we could go on a date! How lucky was that!! We said yes, dropped the kids off and had the best time drinking margaritas and sharing chocolate cake. It is so hard for us to leave the girls with anyone here (so most of the time we just don't) - but we were so happy we said yes, we had a blast!
On Saturday, the girls were up early and ready to play. We went and got a Starbucks and then it was time to meet some of our friends at our favorite playground - we hadn't seen these friends in awhile and it was so fun to catch up! The girls had a blast playing with their friends!!
On our way out, there was a long path of hydrangeas and I could not not stop to take some pictures ;).
Even if the girls might not have been feeling it :).
So blessed these two munchkins call me mommy.
That night, I went and had a massage and dinner with four of my mom friends and wowzers it was a nice way to spoil ourselves for mothers day! I have loved getting massages in China (they are so cheap!) and having one with girlfriends was perfect.
The next morning, the girls woke me up at 6:30am so excited to share their surprise with me! Not going to lie, I grumbled a little bit before finally getting out of bed :). The girls had each picked out a treat for me at the market the night before (Dove dark chocolate!) and they couldn't wait to give it to me and then proceed to eat it!! ha! they also had the best homemade cards for me (for some reason, I am missing Ev's picture), but isn't Emma's wrapping perfect? and so Emma :).
Shortly after breakfast, and a quick stop at Starbucks, we made our way out to a farm with the four moms (and this time the dads joined too!) I had dinner with the previous evening. The kiddos had the best time - they picked vegetables, fed the animals, dug in the dirt and found worms, painted planter boxes, planted, played on the playground and ran around in a maze to their hearts content. We enjoyed spending the day with our kiddos outside and with each other!
Not a day goes by that I am not thankful to be their mother, but each year, this weekend always makes me pause, soak them in a bit more and realize how blessed I am that I get to be their mom. They are truly the best thing I have ever done.
On Friday afternoon, I got a text from one of our friends and she offered to keep the girls on Friday night so we could go on a date! How lucky was that!! We said yes, dropped the kids off and had the best time drinking margaritas and sharing chocolate cake. It is so hard for us to leave the girls with anyone here (so most of the time we just don't) - but we were so happy we said yes, we had a blast!
On Saturday, the girls were up early and ready to play. We went and got a Starbucks and then it was time to meet some of our friends at our favorite playground - we hadn't seen these friends in awhile and it was so fun to catch up! The girls had a blast playing with their friends!!
On our way out, there was a long path of hydrangeas and I could not not stop to take some pictures ;).
Even if the girls might not have been feeling it :).
So blessed these two munchkins call me mommy.
That night, I went and had a massage and dinner with four of my mom friends and wowzers it was a nice way to spoil ourselves for mothers day! I have loved getting massages in China (they are so cheap!) and having one with girlfriends was perfect.
The next morning, the girls woke me up at 6:30am so excited to share their surprise with me! Not going to lie, I grumbled a little bit before finally getting out of bed :). The girls had each picked out a treat for me at the market the night before (Dove dark chocolate!) and they couldn't wait to give it to me and then proceed to eat it!! ha! they also had the best homemade cards for me (for some reason, I am missing Ev's picture), but isn't Emma's wrapping perfect? and so Emma :).
Inside was some Elsa glitter art she had made for me :).
Shortly after breakfast, and a quick stop at Starbucks, we made our way out to a farm with the four moms (and this time the dads joined too!) I had dinner with the previous evening. The kiddos had the best time - they picked vegetables, fed the animals, dug in the dirt and found worms, painted planter boxes, planted, played on the playground and ran around in a maze to their hearts content. We enjoyed spending the day with our kiddos outside and with each other!
Not a day goes by that I am not thankful to be their mother, but each year, this weekend always makes me pause, soak them in a bit more and realize how blessed I am that I get to be their mom. They are truly the best thing I have ever done.



























No comments:
Post a Comment