Monday, January 8, 2018

Happy New Year!

Does anyone else need to push the reset button on 2018?

For the last three years, we have been a hot New Year's mess of jetlag plus year end close.  This year was even more of a doozy because we flew for 24 hours (so hello jetlag), I still had year end close and poor Evsie's got strep plus scarlet fever (and had a spider bite back in the U.S. that she is still healing from).  We were not a bag full of fun the first week of 2018 - to say the least.

However this weekend we pressed the reset button.

I got myself a tea kettle (only my family will understand this reference ;)).

We made plans with friends and had the best time at our indoor playground (the playground date turned into lunch and afternoon plans), we went back to gymnastics class (so cute to see the girls reunite with their friends), we got pizza and our Starbucks is nearly open. We snuggled, cuddled, kissed and reset for a week full of school or work. 

I took an unintentional break over the last six weeks. We had the best time exploring Cambodia and Thailand, flew back to China for two weeks and celebrated Christmas with friends here before leaving for the U.S. for three weeks where reuniting with our family and friends was the best of the best. I cant wait to share so many more details with you, but just want to give you a heads up that January is mybusiest month of the year so I will try to pop in from time to time, but most likely I will see you on a regular basis in February :).

Happy New Year!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment