Friday, November 3, 2017

October Little Things | Part I

Look at how timely this October Little Things post is :). Since we stayed in Chengdu during October, I have so many pictures - I broke this into two posts.

^ October 1 was on a Sunday and officially the start of Golden Week (i.e. no car) - our driver helped us get a Didi to gymnastics so we were set for a few hours of fun! ^
^ these two were being ridiculously sweet to each other this particular morning. ^
^ early to class means that I got to go inside and snap a few pictures while they 'warmed up'. ^

^ their favorite part of gymnastics class this particular day. ^
^ we let the girls jump jump jump for awhile (which was a good thing because just like that the trampoline is not at the mall anymore??). ^
^ we ate at a Papa John's (can you believe we found one in Chengdu?) for lunch and then let Emma do a craft while Ev's bought stickers.  ^
^ during the holiday, the girls created ooodles and ooodles of artwork and proudly displayed it when I got home every day. ^
^ they met their friends at Luxelakes playground one day. ^
^ and one day I worked at our local coffee shop (I realize this drink looks delicious, but it was actually terrible - why oh why would you ever serve lukewarm coffee?? ^

^ one day, I got home early and we took the girls to the playground and played some hide-and-go-seek and fed the fish. ^
^ Saturday morning coffee and cuddles outside. ^
^ they were being particularly cuddle buggy this morning. ^
^ Wes came out and snapped a picture of the three of us - three happy girls! ^

^ dressed and ready to go get dumplings. ^
^ I liked the look of someone else's food, so I snapped a picture for the following day. ^
^ a very authentic Chinese experience - we drove there on our scooter and ate dumplings all huddled up in the cold (Ev's was eating banana bread and Emma ate pomegranates just in case you were wondering ;)).
^ that afternoon, we had neighborhood friends over while their parents were out. ^
^ Ev's got a makeover! which is exactly why I haven't bought the girls any makeup. ^
^ the next morning, I took the girls back to their friends house and Ev's got another makeover ;). when we got home, she told Wes "don't I look fabulous." yes, you do, baby girl :). ^
^ dumplings and wontons for lunch. ^
^ I made a double batch of cinnamon rolls -half for us, half for friends. ^
^ we attended a very Rapunzel birthday party. ^


^ my kiddos love being tickled. and we had a particularly good tickle sesh one Saturday morning. ^
 ^ dressed and ready to go to the indoor playground. ^
 ^ goofballs ^
^ but also the sweetest duo. ^
 ^ puddle jumping at Starbucks. ^

 ^ these two always have so much fun here! ^
 ^ she is a blur the entire time we are there - bouncing, jumping and running off so much energy. ^

 ^ coloring their masterpieces ;). ^


 ^ seeing their artwork in action. ^
 ^ where did Everly go?? ^
 ^ oh, there she is! ^
^ serious artwork ;). ^
^ dinner at Iron Pig (the girls had lost interest in dinner and were sitting on the front porch - my boss was walking by and spotted the girls and came into say hi! moments like that make living in Chengdu a small world) before heading home to meet our friends new baby!!! we are so excited for them :).  and had so much fun snuggling up a newborn.  we went to bed tired and with happy hearts. ^

No comments:

Post a Comment